Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printer OS Hanging
Hi, I have had my Elegoo Mars for a few days and I was able to print the rook sample without issue. I printed the sample overnight and removed it and cleaned it the morning after. At that time I noticed that the buttons on the screen were not responding but I ignored that and turned the printer off and continued cleaning the printer.

The next day I went to print something and I noticed that the buttons on the main menu were occasionally responding. To be more precise, it seems the printer OS is hanging up after selecting buttons. I can sometimes press the settings button and get into the settings screen. If I do and I try to back out the back button will stay selected and nothing further seems to happen. Sometimes I can select the Print button on the main menu and that shows as selected but nothing further happens.

This seems to happen with or without the USB stick installed. I have tried leaving it unplugged for a few hours and turning it off for a few hours. It did not help. I have not found any instructions on how to reset the printer. I see that there is a link here for firmware version "V4.2.16_LCD /1440x2560 /F2.7" but I have not been able to get far enough in the settings view on the printer to verify what version I currently have.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is there a way to reset the printer? Any other suggestions?

I have an email in to elegoo.com but have not heard anything in the last 24 hours.

Thanks
You most likely have a bit of the plastic covering still stuck to the touchscreen that is between the screen and front cover.

Remove the front cover, remove the front touchscreen and make sure none of the plastic covering film is still there.

Note that after you remove that front cover and out it back on, that you should relevel the bed.
Thanks for the tip. I did get things working so I will describe what I did in case anyone else runs into this.

I got a response from support suggesting that re-installing the screen might fix the issue. They included this video link for how to do that: https://youtu.be/mlT9qgHaWoI.

I performed these steps:
1. Removed the front cover.
2. Removed the screen assembly from the front cover.
3. Removed the remaining plastic cover from the screen.
4. Re-seated the two ribbon connectors on the back of the screen. (One is to the screen on the assembly and may not have been necessary, but why not?)
5. Re-installed the screen on the front cover.
6. Re-installed the front cover.
7. Verified the screen now worked.
8. Ran through the screen alignment in the System menu.
9. Leveled the bed.

I just started another print so we will see how that goes but the touchscreen seems to be back to working order! Thanks!
Awesome Smile

Most likely that left over bit of plastic protection film that was stuck between the screen and frame was the cause. What happens is that emulates pressure like the screen is being touched, so when you go to touch it again, its unresponsive.
Thank you so much for posting this! I am having the exact issue as you described above - did removing the front screen, removing plastic and reseating cables work for you? Cheers, Arran
This exact thing happened to me yesterday - fortunately another Mars owner pointed me to the culprit. That film really needs to be partially peeled on the left edge from the factory so folks don't have to take their machines apart if the film "jams" the touch screen.

g.
Same problem here too. Quick fix taking the screen off and a bit of plastic stuck to the corner.

BTW, the video shows the front cover sliding off pretty easily. Not so much for me. I had to pry the front away from the back and then slip a wedge in between the front cover and the front frame - it was very tight. If I hadn't watched the video I would have thought something was still screwed in and started more disassembly :-)
The best way to be able to get the front or rear cover to easily slide out is to loosen the top 4 screws (2 on each side).