Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modified Gcode to only run the cooling fan while the printer is running
This is a modified .gcode configuration file based off the original Mars mainboard configuration file.

The only thing this changes is the UV cooling fan so it only turns on while there is a print running and as soon as the print completes, the fan turns off.

Download the attachment and make sure to view the READ ME file for instructions

.zip   Mainboard Config Fan Only When Printing.zip (Size: 3.88 KB / Downloads: 881)

Also, here is a more modified gcode config file that sets the fan as above, but also slows down some basic movements when homing the build plate.  It's also translated descriptions are in english Smile  (that was fin, lol)

.zip   Mars_Config_Modified_English.zip (Size: 2.11 KB / Downloads: 699)
I was just wondering if this was possible the other day. Thanks!
Great idea. Thanks
Would it be possible to post a version of the gcode file that had the comments in English? Smile

Tnx.
(08-16-2019, 06:01 AM)f15sim Wrote: Would it be possible to post a version of the gcode file that had the comments in English? Smile

Tnx.
You can look at the original file from Elegoo.

The modification needed is this:
M8030 I-1
To:
M8030 I-2

Attached Files
.zip   ChiTu Mainboard SpecificationV3.0.9.gcode.zip (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 113)
(08-16-2019, 09:34 AM)blubarist Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 06:01 AM)f15sim Wrote: Would it be possible to post a version of the gcode file that had the comments in English? Smile

Tnx.
You can look at the original file from Elegoo.

The modification needed is this:
M8030 I-1
To:
M8030 I-2

Can the M code just be updated to the g-code prefix section in ChiTuBox as well?  (I would assume so, but...)

tnx.

g.
Is having this file the only thing on the flash drive just a precaution, or are there actual consequences otherwise?
--------------------
Resin:
2x Elegoo Mars

Filament:
4x Creality Ender 3

CNC:
1x Sainsmart Genmitsu 3018-Pro
1x V1 Engineering MPCNC
1x V1 Engineering Lowrider 2
(09-03-2019, 07:29 AM)Formless63 Wrote: Is having this file the only thing on the flash drive just a precaution, or are there actual consequences otherwise?

It's really just a precaution more then anything.  It can be there with other print files.
looks like a fair bit of code in there when I try and open it in notepad. Will this get overwritten every time there is a firmware update, and does this write over anything except the fan?

Thanks!
(09-04-2019, 05:44 PM)Spinnetti Wrote: looks like a fair bit of code in there when I try and open it in notepad. Will this get overwritten every time there is a firmware update, and does this write over anything except the fan?

Thanks!

No, this doesnt get overwritten with FW updates as it's a stand alone config file.  Only thing this one changes is that the fan only runs while the printer is actively running a print, then shuts it off when the print is finished.