Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White spots
New to the forum and fairly new to the printing 3 weeks. I notice that from time to time I am getting some white spots from my prints. I spray my parts with 91% Alcohol,I clean with mean green 50% and distilled water. 10 min in my ultrasonic. Rinse with water several times to remove any soap. Then put them in a 99% percent alcohol  for a bout 2 - min. air dry and put in my uv light for about 1/2 hr. I see the spots and they are pretty much in pitted areas of the design or along the border. The rest looks good.

Thanks for anything that points to the right direction.
Skip that final alcohol bath.--the 99% alcohol is s leaching plasticizers and polymers from the cured resin as it evaporates.
Or at least thoroughly rinse it after. White residue is all about not having the surface clean when you post cure.
(03-08-2020, 09:37 PM)zemerick Wrote: Or at least thoroughly rinse it after. White residue is all about not having the surface clean when you post cure.
I rinse it a lot and use a soft toothbrush. What I did I started buying 99% alcohol and the problem went away. I occasionally will get a small spot in some deep texture.