Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stopping mid print
Hi,

I encountered a problem when printing objects  with more than 4028 layers. The two times i tried to print such an object the printer just stopped mid print at layer 4028 and lifts the plattform up
like it is finished with the object.
Both times that happend around 22h in. I tried to resume the print by pressing the pause and play button a few times. The press of the button itself is registered by the printer
as the icon changes. However the print is not resumed.

I am using Chitubox V1.5.0 on Linux for slicing. I have verified the integrity of the cbddlp file by calculating a sha1 hash of both the file generated by the slicer as well as the file on the usb stick.
The installed firmware on the printer is V4.2.16_LCD /1440x2560 /F2.7 which was already installed when I received the unit.

Do you have any hints how I can avoid this problem?
What is the layer thickness it's set to?
(08-10-2019, 12:04 PM)admin Wrote: What is the layer thickness it's set to?
It was set to 0.02.
I'm also having the same issue at layer 4099 with .02 height... Please help!
(08-29-2019, 11:23 AM)dragonclaw791 Wrote: I'm also having the same issue at layer 4099 with .02 height...  Please help!

Have you tried to email the Elegoo support? They are super helpful and this seems like a bug in firmware which can be fixed only by them.
Same problem stopping on layer 4099 or so.
Also around 22h printing
Firmware is 4.2.18 LCDM.
Layer height is 0.02

Whats the problem here.
Please Help.

SO anybody have ane solution?
As it looks there is a maximum file size for the cbd format..
So we need to go higher layerheights or less anti alising.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ElegooMars/comm...ompletion/

So my test are done 900mb file 0.02mm 4x AA just prints fine
1.8GB file 0.02 8xAA stoped at 55%. Same stl.
Updateded firmware now to 4.2.20.3M
tested out different usb sticks and different stl´s
So iam pretty sure now its the filesize......

What i think now is that the M version of the firmware is bugged, somehow.
Can the thread startes say something to version lcdm or lcde?

Would be nice if the other guys, chime in and say something about the filesize.
Had a tall print (different files) stop around the same height (didn't check exactly on the first one)

Version V4.2.18_LCD/1440x2560 /F2.9
Applied the gcode to stop fan when print is not running. Applied version that also had some changes to Z movement (from thread here)

File sizes: First 642MB, Second 651MB. Sliced with ChiTuBox V1.5.0 and applied automatic fixes in PhotonValidator.
Layer height: 0.03mm

Second print stopped at layer 3473/4386. UV light is off, fan is also off, and the print platform was raised, just like its done after print / on pause. Progress bar at 79%, and the preview shows last layer.

It seemed to be possible to get the print running again. First, press the gear button on bottom right. Go back. Then press the play/pause button and print started again. NOTE: Fan did NOT start, and the printer would go to same state again after few layers (wouldn't have dared to leave it running without fan anyway)

After testing the same thing a few times over and over again, I tried pushing the play/pause button without touching the gear button, and the printer went back to the main menu. no error, no "print completed". Just directly to the main menu.

NOTE: Previously, I have successfully printed prints taller than this, don't remember if the last one was before of after the "fan patch", and whether or not I used PhotonValidator. I definitely used the same layer height though.

(after that, I got some damage on the display, and concentrated doing smaller prints, with which I could avoid the damaged areas).

Just before these new prints, I changed the display to a new one.

Hope this helps.

Oh, I think I saw elsewhere speculation, that the firmware would have 2GB file size limit. The max file size of fat32 is 4 gigs, and that's also the max size indexable with 32 bits.

BUT if for some reason you use SIGNED integer instead, that effectively halves the range (as half of it is now negative), so the actual 2GB limit could well be because of this.
Same settings with different files. Failed on layer 3562/4353. Only one model exceeding the "might fail here" limit (just for testing).
Different project (with same high part), 0.03mm layer height, 139MB file, 4353 layers sliced with chitubox 1.61, NOT post processed with PhotonValidator, print finished successfully without errors. Usual "Print complete OK" requester.

Another 4832 layer print successful, Chitubox 1.61, no PhotonValidator.
Actually the previously mentioned two taller parts were sliced without antialiasing (should have noticed that it went back to defaults after upgrade), so that might be the reason for success.

However, my prints are well under 2 gigabytes, so that's not the issue either. At least for me.