Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resin compatibility with Elegoo Mars Pro
I've just received my elegoo pro here in madrid, Spain from amazon and hopefully the two bottles of Elegoo branded resin will arrive from amazon today also. Ringing central madrid today all of the shops in the center that specialize in plastics or movie fx materials don't stock resin for 3d printers only one shop stocks coils for the other type of filament printers and only one of the two 3d printer shops sell bottled resin, one type I've never heard of named "B9" which I'm not sure is compatible with the Elegoo mars Pro.

What do I look for in bottled resin to see if it is compatible with the Elegoo Mars Pro if I face an emergency and i have to say, "get a bottle today" on a Saturday morning ?
(01-31-2020, 05:51 AM)dfernand Wrote: I've just received my elegoo pro here in madrid, Spain from amazon and hopefully the two bottles of Elegoo branded resin will arrive from amazon today also. Ringing central madrid today all of the shops in the center that specialize in plastics or movie fx materials don't stock resin for 3d printers only one shop stocks coils for the other type of filament printers and only one of the two 3d printer shops sell bottled resin, one type I've never heard of named "B9" which I'm not sure is compatible with the Elegoo mars Pro.

What do I look for in bottled resin to see if it is compatible with the Elegoo Mars Pro if I face an emergency and i have to say, "get a bottle today" on a Saturday morning ?

Specifically, you're looking for any resin that cures under 405nm UV light. Make sure it's something you can look up and find the appropriate curing settings for. Also, do NOT try to get anything that requires mixing with an activator. That type won't work for 3D resin printing and will make a huge mess of your build plate and tank.
(02-17-2020, 09:00 PM)shdwsng Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 05:51 AM)dfernand Wrote: I've just received my elegoo pro here in madrid, Spain from amazon and hopefully the two bottles of Elegoo branded resin will arrive from amazon today also. Ringing central madrid today all of the shops in the center that specialize in plastics or movie fx materials don't stock resin for 3d printers only one shop stocks coils for the other type of filament printers and only one of the two 3d printer shops sell bottled resin, one type I've never heard of named "B9" which I'm not sure is compatible with the Elegoo mars Pro.

Specifically, you're looking for any resin that cures under 405nm UV light. Make sure it's something you can look up and find the appropriate curing settings for. Also, do NOT try to get anything that requires mixing with an activator. That type won't work for 3D resin printing and will make a huge mess of your build plate and tank.
Just for info, I inadvertently wound up with a bottle of resin branded AnyCubic. It has the same specs as teh Elegoo resin, so I tried it out and it works just fine. Every bit as good.
(02-17-2020, 09:00 PM)shdwsng Wrote: Specifically, you're looking for any resin that cures under 405nm UV light. Make sure it's something you can look up and find the appropriate curing settings for. Also, do NOT try to get anything that requires mixing with an activator. That type won't work for 3D resin printing and will make a huge mess of your build plate and tank.

^this...

One comment however, just for clarity; 405 nm light is not UV, it is visible "near UV" light...

human eye color sensitivity:
[Image: F16-07-V-lambda-photopic-2.jpg]
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com