Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curving and Delamination
I can print a perfectly good Rook with the Grey resin but I just tried to print something larger and ran in to problems.  The piece began to curv, and delaminate.  I'm using the settings listed on the Grey resin, 60/8 and have Elegoo Mars selected as my printer.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

what is the layer-height?
0.050 which I assume is the default set when selecting Elegoo Mars as my printer. All of my settings are essentially default.

Do you think I need to increase the exposure time due to the large coverage area?
i ask, because the sides of the model look like layers with bigger heigt - never seen this before (looks like FDM-printed).
increase the exposure time may be an option, but i'm not shure, what the main problem is
(02-09-2020, 11:54 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: i ask, because the sides of the model look like layers with bigger heigt - never seen this before (looks like FDM-printed).
increase the exposure time may be an option, but i'm not shure, what the main problem is

I'm currently re-printing and it looks like it's working (we'll see in 2 hours.)  I think what might have happened is I switched to a second computer for this model and I may have had both the Mars and a Default printer on that machine and it probably selected the default. I deleted that one and bumped my normal cure settings to 60/9.  Fingers crossed.
Well it printed, although not perfect.  I suffered some build plate detachment and the layering is still very apparent (Looks like FDM as pointed out before.)  Not sure why the Rook is so silky smooth and this guy is liney?

It's kinda funny though, the ears are perfectly smooth, but other areas not so much. I wonder why that is.
very strange, because the "wobble" is only on some surfaces - some surfaces look OK, supports without "wobbling", the "Rook" is nearly perfect -.
Can/will you upload the *.stl of your model, to have a look on it?

by the way: which slicer-version?
... could be, the surface area in contact is so big, it will distort the part while ripping off ...

Viktor