Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print on fep
Hi,
after the two towers I have not been able to print anything yet, I did two tests but in both cases I only had one silhouette on the fep while the printer continued to work.
Frankly, I don't know what to do anymore. Sad
Are you printing with something directly on the plate or hanging off supports?
(08-20-2019, 05:34 PM)admin Wrote: Are you printing with something directly on the plate or hanging off supports?
Hanging off supports. It is a man inclined at 45 ° with carefully made supports.
Okay, now do the supports print, but the actual piece being printed is not?

If so, that's usually related to not enough support contact to the model and the surface tension pulls it off the supports.
(08-20-2019, 11:43 PM)admin Wrote: Okay,  now do the supports print, but the actual piece being printed is not? 

If so, that's usually related to not enough support contact to the model and the surface tension pulls it off the supports.
No, supports is not printed, nothing.

The base is partially printed, but on the fep
sounds like the z height isn't right. Did you do the initial calibration where you remove the tank, loosen the plate, put down a piece of paper and set the Z?
(08-21-2019, 04:34 AM)caesar Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 11:43 PM)admin Wrote: Okay,  now do the supports print, but the actual piece being printed is not? 

Yea, sounds like a bed leveling issue, but perhaps could be settings related as well.  What do you have set for exposure times and base layers?

a good rule of thumb for settings, regardless of the resin color would be the following...

Layer Height: 0.05
Bottom Layer Count: 8
Exposure Time: 10
Bottom Exposure Time: 60
(08-21-2019, 04:34 AM)caesar Wrote:

What resin are you using? I had the same problem when I first got my mars printer and it turned out that the resin wasn't working no matter what my settings were, so I used the Anycubic basic grey resin and haven't had a failure since. It may be the same problem for you, I don't know just trying to help from my bad experience.
Thanks. 
Problem solved, it was all a question of supports and timing, perfect printing. ELEGOO BLACK resin
(09-16-2019, 02:25 PM)caesar Wrote: Thanks. 
Problem solved, it was all a question of supports and timing, perfect printing. ELEGOO BLACK resin

Could you share your settings please?

I keep having the exact same issue. All I get in a dozen tries now is a silhouette, a few layers thick, on the FEP. The very first try went well. But then I tried to print the same thing again and it never worked again. Tried to increase and decrease bottom layers, exposure time and layer height. Changed the angle of the piece to print, used more or less supports. Even replaced the FEP already (after one working print! Sad ). I re-calibrated the platform. Nothing gets me any working prints. I'm using Elegoo black resin for the first as well as all failed prints. I'm really out of ideas and frustrated.
Thanks for any suggestions you might have.