Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print on fep
(10-03-2019, 06:26 AM)flosen Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 02:25 PM)caesar Wrote: Thanks. 
Problem solved, it was all a question of supports and timing, perfect printing. ELEGOO BLACK resin

Could you share your settings please?

I keep having the exact same issue. All I get in a dozen tries now is a silhouette, a few layers thick, on the FEP. The very first try went well. But then I tried to print the same thing again and it never worked again. Tried to increase and decrease bottom layers, exposure time and layer height. Changed the angle of the piece to print, used more or less supports. Even replaced the FEP already (after one working print! Sad ). I re-calibrated the platform. Nothing gets me any working prints. I'm using Elegoo black resin for the first as well as all failed prints. I'm really out of ideas and frustrated.
Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Remember to place the build platform correctly

Attached Files
.pdf   Fig-1.pdf (Size: 142.25 KB / Downloads: 118)
.pdf   Fig-2.pdf (Size: 58.74 KB / Downloads: 122)
.pdf   Fig-3.pdf (Size: 63.39 KB / Downloads: 95)
.pdf   Fig-4.pdf (Size: 51.29 KB / Downloads: 72)
.pdf   Fig-5.pdf (Size: 64.19 KB / Downloads: 84)
(10-03-2019, 11:30 AM)caesar Wrote: Remember to place the build platform correctly

I straightened it as described in the manual for my first print, the only one that has been working so far. That went well and I didnt touch it for the second and third, which didnt work. Then I repeated the process again, loose the screws, move down the platform, tighten the screws. Still not working.
Is there anything else to take into account other than these two screws for X and Y axis as described in the manual in terms of platform placing? As far as I can tell there is no Z axis calibration, right?
(10-03-2019, 11:30 AM)caesar Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 06:26 AM)flosen Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 02:25 PM)caesar Wrote: Thanks. 
Problem solved, it was all a question of supports and timing, perfect printing. ELEGOO BLACK resin

Could you share your settings please?

I keep having the exact same issue. All I get in a dozen tries now is a silhouette, a few layers thick, on the FEP. The very first try went well. But then I tried to print the same thing again and it never worked again. Tried to increase and decrease bottom layers, exposure time and layer height. Changed the angle of the piece to print, used more or less supports. Even replaced the FEP already (after one working print! Sad ). I re-calibrated the platform. Nothing gets me any working prints. I'm using Elegoo black resin for the first as well as all failed prints. I'm really out of ideas and frustrated.
Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Remember to place the build platform correctly

The build platform lowered to touch a sheet of paper placed on the LCD glass, I tighten the front screw up the build platform and tighten the side screw, that's all.
That is what I did. Twice even in case a screw might have been too loose and the platform moved slightly.
What settings do you use for the Elegoo black resin? (Number of bottom layers, exposure time, etc.) Would be interesting if anything is significantly different.
(10-05-2019, 02:25 AM)flosen Wrote: That is what I did. Twice even in case a screw might have been too loose and the platform moved slightly.
What settings do you use for the Elegoo black resin? (Number of bottom layers, exposure time, etc.) Would be interesting if anything is significantly different.

The settings I used for the black ELEGOO resin are those indicated in the second pdf file.

Between the resin tank and the lcd glass did you put some too thick protection, adhesive tape, a fep sheet?

Does fep on resin tank have the right tension?

Remember to always shake the resin bottle but in moderation to avoid the formation of bubbles.
(10-05-2019, 04:17 AM)caesar Wrote: Between the resin tank and the lcd glass did you put some too thick protection, adhesive tape, a fep sheet?

For calibration I put a thin sheet of paper. For printing there is nothing except that one layer of FEP that is the bottom of the tank.

(10-05-2019, 04:17 AM)caesar Wrote: Does fep on resin tank have the right tension?

I would assume at least since the very first print did work and the FEP or its tension didnt change for a few more tries, that all failed then. But anyway, what would be more likely to have prints stick to the FEP? Too much or too little tension of the FEP? At least I could try to improve the situation then by tightening or loosening it.
(10-05-2019, 05:06 AM)flosen Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 04:17 AM)caesar Wrote: Between the resin tank and the lcd glass did you put some too thick protection, adhesive tape, a fep sheet?

For calibration I put a thin sheet of paper. For printing there is nothing except that one layer of FEP that is the bottom of the tank.

(10-05-2019, 04:17 AM)caesar Wrote: Does fep on resin tank have the right tension?

I would assume at least since the very first print did work and the FEP or its tension didnt change for a few more tries, that all failed then. But anyway, what would be more likely to have prints stick to the FEP? Too much or too little tension of the FEP? At least I could try to improve the situation then by tightening or loosening it.

Without a doubt the fep on the resin tank must be stretched not "elastic".

it is possible that you have to build adequate supports with attention to the surface at the base from which the supports are developed.
I have exactly the same problem.
The Mars had never printed one thing. Only the first layers on the FEP.
I levelled several times. I treated the FEP with RainX (hint from the forum).
Chitubox sliced not with default, but with Elegoo Mars.
The time for the first layer is up to 90sec!
Resin from Anycubic
I checked the film, the screws, tank, everything.
Nothing works!
Any ideas?
I got a new resin tank from Elegoo, because i find out that there is a gap between LCDscreen and FEP film.
The tests are negativ. The i printed only on the left and right side a rook.
The left side works, the right rook stucks on the FEP after 3 mm.
Elegoo wants to send me a new print bed, but i didn't arrive at the moment.
After days of work and big heaps of handgloves, filters and cleaning material i loose my nerves and bought a new one.
I hope that will work.

Closed!