Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print with a cracked LCD?
You canĀ  print as usual, since there's a thin grey plastic layer at top of the glass LCD, called the polarizer. That is, if no cracks present in this layer.
Besides, the resinVAT also protects a bit (FEP-film). I you want to be even more on the safe side, add a thin plastic, transparant sheet (*), a bit larger than the LCD between resinVAT and LCD and use tape to fix it. There will be no pouring of resin inside the machine, since the LCD rests on a 3mm (1/8 inch) thick glassplate. It should first crack and brake this too, before it gets into the machine.
Further damaging the LCD or glassplate will happen if there are some cured pieces of resin in the resinVAT, while the buildplate is lowering to the 0-location.
The downside of printing like this, is the UV-light is getting diffracted a bit at the location of the crack. Or it will create lines in your object, if the crack is likewise. But, you're still able to do some printjobs. Best is to place you objects at places where the crack is not present.

(*) Can be bought at a local store for office-stuff. I mean those A4-sized plastic thingies to insert printed documents inside. Can't figure out the exact name at the moment. Oh, and buy them as full transparant, not those diffused ones.

-=EDIT=-
Bummer, I just noticed I replied to an old message. Still I hope this info is helpful.