Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Easly remove failed prints stuck to the Fep
These are the steps i use to remove Failed prints from my vat so far they seem to come off really easy

1.empty the vat of all resin
2 Apply isopropyl alcohol (I use 99.8% but 91% should work) to the vat 
3 very gently press the opposite side of fep sheet while lifting the print with your other hand it should peel away with out damaging the fep sheet
4 wipe vat with a soft paper towel with alcohol 
5 set it out to dry

I know every one may not do it this way but this is how i have been removing mine  and haven't had a problem or any damage to my fep.
Yep, same way here by pressing on the underside of the fep. Depending on the print, I may or may not empty the vat, but for good measure it's good to so so just in case there are any bits of cured resin swimming around.
(07-18-2019, 08:36 AM)hlplayboy1 Wrote: These are the steps i use to remove Failed prints from my vat so far they seem to come off really easy

3 very gently press the opposite side of fep sheet while lifting the print with your other hand it should peel away with out damaging the fep sheet
5 set it out to dry

I know every one may not do it this way but this is how i have been removing mine  and haven't had a problem or any damage to my fep.
Great advice.  I wish I had know this up front.
(07-18-2019, 08:36 AM)hlplayboy1 Wrote: These are the steps i use to remove Failed prints from my vat so far they seem to come off really easy

5 set it out to dry

This worked great for me.  Thanks!  I thought I was going to lose the FEP sheet.

5 set it out to dry

Thanks! I just used this method. My second print failed with a glob stuck to the FEP. 

Third try is running right now.
Yeah, same here, first fep got destroyed when I was learning about the lighting times for translucent resin. Nothing sticked to the plate and everything fell down on the fep and got cured a lot...
Found out, the spatula is not that soft as I expected and so I pierced through the fep.

I replaced it with the help of this nice little video

And now I have ordered 8m of FEP-Foil I have to cut into the right size. But it was not that expensive...

The second fep got pierced in a print (of an Ultimate1541 II Cartridge) where luckily only a bit of the resin got out of the vat and got cured on my display. That was big luck, because otherwise the whole vat can leak completly empty. And that is quite a mess!
Peeled off the cured resin and replaced the fep and now that I am aware of the durability of the foil everything works out great... we'll see how many prints I can do with one sheet of fep!
„Jump from planes!“ Some ask me: „Why?“
Yet words convey such weak reply.
Amongst the clouds in big blue sky,
the only place true answers lie.

Thomas *1980  +not today