Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replaced LCD Screen, exposure test failed
https://imgur.com/tt2Fidd

I replaced the LCD screen, I'm getting UV light but the rectangle for the exposure test isn't appearing.

I've double checked the connection.
I plugged it straight in without the adapter.
I used he adapter that was included with the replacement.
I flipped the connection every which way.

I did a reset and tried to find firmware updates.
i had the same behavior and finally the mainboard was gone/bricked
(04-02-2020, 11:50 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: i had the same behavior and finally the mainboard was gone/bricked
how could I confirm that's the case? I replaced the screen because I cracked it, so that would be a wild coincidence.
(04-03-2020, 05:29 AM)alt74 Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 11:50 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: i had the same behavior and finally the mainboard was gone/bricked
how could I confirm that's the case? I replaced the screen because I cracked it, so that would be a wild coincidence.
Same issue here - my screen cracked replaced it today and now fails the exposure test as well - would be too much of a coincidence that the motherboard failed as well.
did anybody ask the Elegoo-support about that? What is the response?
hi all i have the same issue,cracked screen fit a new one no test rectangle, support sent vauge update instructions with a filt to upload but still no joy.
can you show us the file from Elegoo?
I have experienced the same issue, the LCD screen on my newish Mars (just received March 3rd 2020) developed a fractal-like spot (like that reported by another member in a recent post) so I bought a new screen rather than screw around with the warranty. Got new screen installed to find no exposure test rectangle or any images in a "dry-run" print. Gotta' thank Amazon Prime here, I did not care to screw around with any more self-repair, so I returned it for a replacement that arrives tomorrow.

FWIW; due to the screen's inherently fragile nature, and that mickey-mouse connector¹ for the LCD cable, and I was extremely careful when installing the new LCD. I agree with all above, it would be quite a coincidence (and quite thoroughly unacceptable) that the MB failed while replacing a so-called "consumable" part.

--------------------------------------------------
¹ - Whoever designed that connector should be strung up by their private parts--along with the printer's entire design team that elected to utilise it for a consumable component...
(04-02-2020, 11:12 PM)alt74 Wrote: https://imgur.com/tt2Fidd

I replaced the LCD screen, I'm getting UV light but the rectangle for the exposure test isn't appearing.

I've double checked the connection.
I plugged it straight in without the adapter.
I used he adapter that was included with the replacement.
I flipped the connection every which way.

I did a reset and tried to find firmware updates.
I have had exactly the same problem. I texted Elegoo and they would send me a new motherboard which is currently being delivered from China...I am afraid it wont work either... Did you manage to solve it??
mine was a bad screen, had the same thing happen to me, got a replacement screen and didn't display the rectangle. Amazon refunded with Comgrow and got a new screen sent to me.

its going to take a bit to get, I ordered mine on june 11th and just got it this past week.

you might have better and quicker shipping from elegoo on amazon if you order one, its about 30-40 bucks for a new screen.

https://www.amazon.com/ELEGOO-Resolution...871&sr=8-3