Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars cleaning material?
What are valid alternate cleaning materials?  IPA is in short supply lately, I found plenty of Denatured Alcohol, would this be a valid substitute, I thought mineral spirits but that is kind of oily if I remember right.  My printer is supposed to arrive in 2 days so trying to be ready, as much as anyone can be.   Thanks in advance, keeping fingers crossed shipping doesn't hose up my printer..
i use the waterwashable resin - so, no need for a lot of IPA; just for cleaning the VAT/FEP
I read about acetone, I triyed and worked like a charm, better than IPA, the only problem it´s the heavy smell of acetone
I have been using Klean-Strip's SLX Denatured Alcohol "Fuel", with no issues--in fact it works better than IPA to clean prints and I find i am using less. Per it's MSDS it is 40/60 to 60/40 ethanol and methanol.

They had it on sale last month, at Ace Hardware, for $15/gallon...

Uncle Jessy did test some alternative. Mr Net is a good one for me. Its not the best for cleaner the tank surface but for the resin print yes.
Getting an ultrasonic cleaner makes a much bigger difference than what exact cleaner you use. Personally, I use Mr. Clean because it works just as well as others, while being far cheaper.

Although, price doesn't matter a whole lot since you don't really consume the cleaner. You can cure and filter out the resin from the cleaner so that you can keep using it over and over. Alcohols however will usually slowly lose potency as they absorb water and evaporate alcohol. ( IPA is one. )