Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How quickly do prints need to be washed and cured?
Once a print is finished, how fast does it need to be washed and cured?  Can it sit for a bit, lets say 4-5 hours before washing and curing?  Would there be any difference between regular and water washable resin?

I'm curious since I would like to run a few longer prints over night and not have to set up an alarm around 3-4am to and wash/rinse if they can fit for a few hours.
(04-29-2020, 03:54 PM)DegenDice Wrote: Once a print is finished, how fast does it need to be washed and cured?  Can it sit for a bit, lets say 4-5 hours before washing and curing?  Would there be any difference between regular and water washable resin?

I'm curious since I would like to run a few longer prints over night and not have to set up an alarm around 3-4am to and wash/rinse if they can fit for a few hours.

As far as I know, that as long as the prints are left inside the cover (UV protected) they can stay there for quite a while... certainly quite a few hours. I'm still new at this but I had left a print over most of a day as I was pulled away for the day but when I get back to clean them, it was just like they were finished. The added bonus that they had much longer to drip dry into the vat was good..

Like I said, I am still new at this and still learning...  Cheers
(07-05-2020, 05:18 PM)Seaking406 Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 03:54 PM)DegenDice Wrote: Once a print is finished, how fast does it need to be washed and cured?  Can it sit for a bit, lets say 4-5 hours before washing and curing?  Would there be any difference between regular and water washable resin?

As far as I know, that as long as the prints are left inside the cover (UV protected) they can stay there for quite a while... certainly quite a few hours. I'm still new at this but I had left a print over most of a day as I was pulled away for the day but when I get back to clean them, it was just like they were finished. The added bonus that they had much longer to drip dry into the vat was good..

Like I said, I am still new at this and still learning...  Cheers

^this...

What I would not do is let them sit about after rinsing and washing, but before final curing.

BTW and FWIW, I have switched over to using "Mean Green" degreasing cleanser, mixed 25/75 with tap water, to clean models just after printing (no more alcohol); with both "regular' and "water-washable' resins; with complete success.