Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars random "skin artifacts"/Frame Shearing?
I have 2 of these and just ordered a third machine. Generally, works great for the price, did have to replace a few LCD screens and sand off the powder coating on the older beds to get proper adhesion though. 

This is new, and I've tried every which way to fix remedy the error to no avail. There appears to be an error in the LCD or the firmware/Hardware on the machine itself causing "ghost" artifacts to form during the print, these appear at random throughout the print and not only ruin the print but fill the resin tank with these "scales". This has occurred on a multitude of different prints and re-slices, it has also occurred on stable tested code that not only succeded on other mars printers but had previously succeeded on the machine in question with no errors. 

The issue has definitely been isolated to the machine itself but I'm not sure what to replace and I don't have time to go tearing everything apart and replace things at random. 

Has anyone else seen this????
this is the only other mention ive found of this
https://www.reddit.com/r/ElegooMars/comm...artifacts/

!! UPDATE !!

I ended up getting a replacement LCD and that fixed it, so something in the LCD unit itself is definitely faulty causing this error.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had that happen, it was the result of a badly formatted, or logically damaged, USB flash drive. On Linux Mint, the gnome disk-utility's "Check Filesystem" tool caught the problem...
(05-11-2020, 12:26 PM)cliffyk Wrote: I had that happen, it was the result of a badly formatted, or logically damaged, USB flash drive. On Linux Mint, the gnome disk-utility's "Check Filesystem" tool caught the problem...
 I've tried 3 different USB drives to no avail, elegoo support also cant figure it out.