Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Pro "Set Z Home" seemingly not working
I think that is what they intended it to do, but if I hit that button it buzzes like mad and is so tight I couldn't fit an atom in there.  If I skip that step, it works pretty good.  I don't think it is setting the position properly.

I was able to get the test print to work, but it was supposed to print 2 rooks and I only got one.  The second one got about 5mm and stopped sticking to the build plate.  Still, the finished one came out almost perfect, so I am pretty impressed at the resolution of this thing.

At any rate I am printing a One Piece Zoro for my son and a dragon for my daughter right now.  I leveled it again, this time pressing down very hard and flat.  I am hearing quite the suction sound all the way to 300+ at this time.  I hope they both print well.

I did contact Elegoo and told them that I had a screw that was stripped and they are going to send me something.  I was able to loosen the front screw and tighten it down again, so maybe it will be ok.  No shavings on the top of the plate this time.

At any rate I recommend not hitting that set z=0 button.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mars Pro "Set Z Home" seemingly not working - by maximumbeef - 07-24-2020, 07:33 PM