Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exposure test failed and nothing prints
(06-23-2020, 12:49 PM)zemerick Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 11:53 AM)Gauntfield Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 08:28 AM)Meh Wrote: Hey Gauntfield. Yeah. Mine goes directly to the end stage where you can see the LEDs underneath. It doesn't even pretend it's going to work like yours. That would be even more frustrating! Hope you get yours sorted out Smile

Elegoo are sending me a replacement so fingers crossed I'm printing soon.

Thanks, hope you are able to get yours up and running quickly too!

Mine only displays the block once I power the unit off and back on then run exposure test. If i do back to back tests its full transparent and no block flash.

This screen is from the Comgrow Amazon store, they are sending me another one and still waiting on the one from Elegoo overseas, last update was 6/11 and nothing since then. Im sure COVID has slowed the processing down.

Luckily i have my Orange30 to hold me over but man I miss my mars, really want it back up and running

Well, you could always take the screen out of the longer 30 and put in the Mars. ( Assuming your mars uses the same cable as the l30. There are 2 variants, one straight and one with an L bend. All of the 2k 5.5" printers use the same actual screen. )

Very true, I havent opened the Orange30 yet but it looks like the corners of the screen protector are not rounded like the elegoo

Ill take a peek later tonight and see if they match up at all Smile
well they gave me firmware 4.3.4 and a firmware clearing file to try and it still didnt work

Sad

guess ill just wait Smile
please upload the files here - everybody is looking for a update for the "4.3.3"- version --- THX
Ill toss them up here when I get home today Smile
Firmware 4.3.4
And firmware clear tool

Copy both files to root of USB drive
Boot up printer or power printer on
Put in USB drive with files
Print update.sh4 file first
Printer beeps and stuff and will reboot on it's own
Print the ALFPGA213_SPI_MIPI_P316_CTB_1440P_140M_FF file and it updates

Attached Files
.zip   elegoo Mars 4.3.4 firmware .zip (Size: 282.88 KB / Downloads: 453)
(06-24-2020, 02:25 PM)Gauntfield Wrote: Firmware 4.3.4
And firmware clear tool

This Firmware work for ELEGOO MARS PRO? 

How can I check the Firmware installed in my Printer?
I have the same problem described in this post. Just could I print one Rooks and the second one just printed like 35%, after that nothing attach the bed (metal base).... my printer don't show me any error when I do the EXPOSURE test, and the CLEAN BASE test, the only difference is in the exposure test the screen show me a frame rectangle and in the clean test just a solid white rectangle. Anybody knows if the test must be done with the bed (metal base) up or down?
Thanks so much.
(06-23-2020, 12:49 PM)zemerick Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 11:53 AM)Gauntfield Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 08:28 AM)Meh Wrote: Hey Gauntfield. Yeah. Mine goes directly to the end stage where you can see the LEDs underneath. It doesn't even pretend it's going to work like yours. That would be even more frustrating! Hope you get yours sorted out Smile

Elegoo are sending me a replacement so fingers crossed I'm printing soon.

Thanks, hope you are able to get yours up and running quickly too!

Mine only displays the block once I power the unit off and back on then run exposure test. If i do back to back tests its full transparent and no block flash.

This screen is from the Comgrow Amazon store, they are sending me another one and still waiting on the one from Elegoo overseas, last update was 6/11 and nothing since then. Im sure COVID has slowed the processing down.

Luckily i have my Orange30 to hold me over but man I miss my mars, really want it back up and running

Well, you could always take the screen out of the longer 30 and put in the Mars. ( Assuming your mars uses the same cable as the l30. There are 2 variants, one straight and one with an L bend. All of the 2k 5.5" printers use the same actual screen. )

I would not even think too hard about doing that--these screens and/or motherboards, and/or that completely mickey mouse connector seem to be astoundingly delicate, I too seem to have toasted an MB while swapping out the screen, don't know how. The power was disconnected of course throughout the procedure but it would not pass the test after installation--returned the screen for another (gotta' like Amazon Prime) but that ooo would not work--gotta' be the MB at this point says i. So i sent the whole printer back to Amazon; This was in fact the second one i returned, the first came with a cracked LCD. Amazon sent me a 'snot-gram' about abusing their return policies, but did refund the money.

Next i bought a new MARs (also from Amazon), a "silver" one as it was $10 less--it is working great so far, with about 250 hours on it. We'll see what happens when the LCD needs replacement. I REALLY do NOT like that crummy little connector...
And firmware clear tool

(07-05-2020, 11:48 AM)tca7050 Wrote:
And firmware clear tool

This Firmware work for ELEGOO MARS PRO? 

How can I check the Firmware installed in my Printer?
I have the same problem described in this post. Just could I print one Rooks and the second one just printed like 35%, after that nothing attach the bed (metal base).... my printer don't show me any error when I do the EXPOSURE test, and the CLEAN BASE test, the only difference is in the exposure test the screen show me a frame rectangle and in the clean test just a solid white rectangle. Anybody knows if the test must be done with the bed (metal base) up or down?
Thanks so much.
Dont believe so....When I received this from Elegoo it was for the regular Mars
(06-05-2020, 03:19 PM)Meh Wrote: Hi. Thanks for your reply.

Not sure what you mean by black or white? There is no colour except the purple lights coming through from under the printing platform.

The test worked once. The printer has not been moved since the first test that worked so unsure how the cable could come loose.

I'm happy to try having a look but will opening up the unit not void my 1 year warranty?

Thanks, again. I appreciate you taking the time to offer advice Smile

the only thing that resolved it for me was a new motherboard, but now only half of my screen is exposing...