Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
build plate moving when image is displayed
Hello, i was wondering if anyone had encountered the issue im having. 

Should the build plate be moving while an image is being displayed during a print?
 my gut says no..  that's bad.. 

ive had the mars a few weeks and after initial successful results all my prints are failing after printing the skates and a small portion of the supports.  so maybe 8 mm .
 i have it in another room so im not watching it.  but ive started paying more attention and pausing the print to check its working.  and I notice the build plate is still moving down when the image is displayed on the  screen after about 45 mins of printing.. is this a fault with the machine.. or with  my settings? the z-axis does seem stiff at one point low down.. the pole wobbles a bit.. its been sprayed with wd40.

a few days ago i caught a print and it was dropping the build plate a good 1 cm into the vat ,  i leveled the build plate and made sure the screws were very tight before that print. 
i changed the FEP.. but the print fails are the same. 
my settings are slower than default. printing using elegoo grey resin. 
any advice would be welcome. thank you.

EDIT :- day later. turns out the two screws by the Zaxis had worked themselves loose. tightening them up solved my problem.
This is unrelated to you problem (glad you got it resolved), however I have to state that WD-40 is a horrible lubricant. The "WD" part stands for Water Displacing" as it was design to drive moisture from the outer skin of Atlas missiles from corrosion (the "40" part is because it was the 40th formula developed). It is a great product for drying and cleaning tools, and protecting metals from corrosion, however its qualities that make it good for that also make it a dreadful lubricant. Though the formula has been altered over the years, it remains NOT a lubricant for any regularly operated machinery.

It's being advertised as a nearly universal lubricant is one of the greatest scams of my lifetime. In fact I have seen numerous machines owned by well-meaning friends and acquaintances destroyed by it's regular and copious use.  

Use some light PTFE grease on the feed screw, rollers and guides, get a tiny bit on a Q-tip and touch it to their surfaces, wiping lightly.

Like this ($5.41 at Home Depot):

[Image: super-lube-lubricants-21030-64_1000.jpg]