Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long is TOO long for curing?!
I've been printing with my Elegoo Mars for several weeks now, doing various size models, figurines, busts, and vehicles. Just about every print is coming out nicely, great details. So no problems there..

I do my post processing after printing by cleaning the residue off with initial IPA, water rinses, Mean Green toothbrush gentle scrub and more clean water rinses before tamping every dry with a cloth before putting it into my buckshee UV curing oven...

Though I have looked, and looked, I can't find a clear explanation or description as to what is regarded as "sufficiently" cured...  How can I tell that I have the item in the curing oven long enough and that any longer is just a waste of time or worse, possibly damaging the model/figurine...

If I have a solid model, does the interior get cured or just the outer shell?

So far I am doing the nail scratch test whereas if the part resists my thumbnail scratching it, then it's hard enough.. but is it? I honestly don't know..

Anyone know this one? or is this is just a matter of 'experience will tell you..' kind of thing?

Cheers
I also would be interested in input from others re: this issue.

I have been using 30 to 60 seconds in my converted microwave curing chamber (30 W 405 nm LED) which seems to the job however I feel I do not really know what I'm looking for...