Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ROOK not printing
Got the MARS on Saturday, and have tried 10 different attempts to print. Nothing seems to stick to the plate. I have just the circle on the bottom of the tray. I have reset the plate, used lubricant on bottom of resin tray, and tried the scotch tape on sides of bottom. 

I am a little upset after reading others posts on this same issue, and feel Elegoo should address this defect if it is one. I am very close to boxing this up and returning. I dont have time to wait hours to see nothing printing.
did you print the example "Rook" from the USB-Stick? what about leveling the build-plate?
(07-13-2020, 09:24 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: did you print the example "Rook" from the USB-Stick? what about leveling the build-plate?

Yes the ROOK print is from the provided USB. I have leveled the plate a total of 7 times now. It is level since it prints to the bottom base but fails to print after this.
I had platen adhesion issues with the new Mars I received in early May, fixed it by "breaking" the glaze on the platen's build surface with a 3-4 second application of 320 grit paper in a 5" random orbit sander--you do not need to, or want to, remove any of the finish, just roughen up the glossy surface a bit...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com