Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch Screen "touch" accuracy bad
My touch screen recently developed an issue where the active touch area for a touch button is well below the button image...by as much as about 10mm. Buttons, such as the back buttons near the bottom of the screen are totally nonfunctional (well, it's to the point that pressing the bottom edge back button or any button near the bottom of the screen activates the button above it).

There is a "calibrate touch screen" button...which appears to do nothing but display a blank screen. I have not been able to find information on calibrating the touch screen.
(07-16-2020, 10:43 PM)johnpursley Wrote: My touch screen recently developed an issue where the active touch area for a touch button is well below the button image...by as much as about 10mm. Buttons, such as the back buttons near the bottom of the screen are totally nonfunctional (well, it's to the point that pressing the bottom edge back button or any button near the bottom of the screen activates the button above it).

There is a "calibrate touch screen" button...which appears to do nothing but display a blank screen. I have not been able to find information on calibrating the touch screen.

The touchscreen calibration function should (IIRC) first show a red "plus" sign on the upper left of the display, then upon pressing that another to be pressed appears at he top right, then another at the lower center followed by a confirmation dialog.

That said my first Mars developed the same issue as yours, the calibration routine did not correct it and i have learned to live with it. Contact Mars support at 3dp@elegoo.com I have found them to be very helpful.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com