Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chitubox v1.6.4.3 Beta version...
I downloaded the latest beta version of Chitubox, it is pretty much the same except for an option to turn off volume calculation within the slicing routine--which speeds up slicing by 1 or 2 magnitudes (my words)--you will need to try it to believe it. 

The [Slicer Options] option setting is oddly accessed through the [Help] menu rather than in the "Settings" dialog where one would expect it¹. Try it, the speed increase is staggering:

[Image: Chitubox164SlicerOption-00.jpg]

----------------------------------
¹ - I have seen this sort of oddball add-on option accessibility in the past--and in fact have done it myself--generally when the source code of an application is only partially available, or only partially understood (someone else's C++ code can often be like that, especially with over- and mis-use of user-defined data types), and you don't want to break anything--I find this to be a bit saddening and depressing.

I had a young whipper-snapper programmer working for me years ago that I had to fire because he insisted on making UDTs of standard types, so as to "put his mark" on the code. He could/would not understand that 10 or 15, or even 20 years from then some poor bastard would be expected to troubleshoot or modify his "personalized" code.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com