Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What USB Stick?
Hi All,

So I have an issue with using other USB drives on my printer. I have a bunch of them, none will work except the one that came with the printer. So, what do I need in a USB stick? I have read that the Elegoo Mars uses U Disk drives? Does it only use these? Just want to double check before I go buy something else. My printer is out in a shed for ventilation purposes, so to get a new print on I have do an inconvenient walk out there, come back, put the print on the disk and then back out. Would be much better if I could just switch drives the first time around. It may sound petty, but it is like a 10 minute process just to get a new print onto the USB drive. Also concerned about the original drive failing.

Cheers.
I have not experienced any issue using a couple of other USB drives I had laying around.  I know occasionally my computer wouldn't show one of them in the File Explorer, but if I went to the Disk Management, I could assign a drive letter to it and then it would show up.  So you may just have a similar issue as that?
(12-14-2019, 04:12 PM)Snassek Wrote: I have not experienced any issue using a couple of other USB drives I had laying around.  I know occasionally my computer wouldn't show one of them in the File Explorer, but if I went to the Disk Management, I could assign a drive letter to it and then it would show up.  So you may just have a similar issue as that?

No, this is not the issue I am having. My computer can see all the USB disks. When I put them into the printer it will not read them. I have tried at least 3 different USB disks, copied over printer files to them and then nothing shows on the printer screen when I try to select the print.
(12-14-2019, 10:14 PM)DinoBunny Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 04:12 PM)Snassek Wrote: I have not experienced any issue using a couple of other USB drives I had laying around.  I know occasionally my computer wouldn't show one of them in the File Explorer, but if I went to the Disk Management, I could assign a drive letter to it and then it would show up.  So you may just have a similar issue as that?

No, this is not the issue I am having. My computer can see all the USB disks. When I put them into the printer it will not read them. I have tried at least 3 different USB disks, copied over printer files to them and then nothing shows on the printer screen when I try to select the print.

Sorry, I misunderstood the issue were having.  I thought I read somewhere else that the Mars only reads FAT32 formatted USB drives.  Have you checked the format type?
so crazy this USB issue

I have the orignal USB and i do not get prints from it IE it stops at 1-2% and then says curropted file.

I formatted so many different USB drives and eventualy same happens

What are the proper format options for USB Drives
FAT32
Cluster size?

there is an industry standard for USB drives and partitions is it being followed?

seems like i have to offer a goat to the USB god and wait for a full moon for my USB to work.

As stated by the above poster all my USB disks are healthy and can be seen from EASEUS Part manager/
It has to be FAT 32 with an MBR (Master Boot Record), and just one partition which must be a primary (not logical or extended) partition...

[edit 09/22/2020 00:00 EDT]

I wanted to add that I have found many USB flash drives that hang on for deal life to any previous partitioning/formatting they might have had--I have found this typical of USB drives previously formatted to be ISO image boot devices. To reset these you may/probably will need a hard core partitioning tool like EaseUS Partition Manager or Minitool's PartitionMagic.

Linux's command line utility fdisk and other Linux disk repair utilities are also adept at hardcore recovery of such devices. Here is a good tutorial on doing just that.

Here is another...

[/edit]
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com