Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warping
Hi everyone,
                  First post, so hello all.

I notice I’m not the first person from North Wales on here it appears , must be something in the water. 

Anyway, I’m a model maker and loving my Mars for making super-detailed, smooth parts from my fusion 360 and Shapr models.

My only problem is warping, as you can see in the attachments. 

[Image: 50154002031_d0559df99d_b.jpg]

[Image: 50154240967_22a429a843_b.jpg]

I have left support structures in place during curing and it doesn’t help. 

I am using elegoo grey resin with default settings.

Will changing exposure time help? If so which way, less or more? Or is this just a limitation of the technology?
(07-26-2020, 12:10 AM)nickedw Wrote: Hi everyone,

I notice I’m not the first person from North Wales on here it appears , must be something in the water. 

Anyway, I’m a model maker and loving my Mars for making super-detailed, smooth parts from my fusion 360 and Shapr models.

Will changing exposure time help? If so which way, less or more? Or is this just a limitation of the technology?

Cute little motor, the generator is especially impressive.

What nature of post-printing curing are you using? I have had similar parts either flatten or get worse depending on post-curing technique. I have also found post-curing to take longer than what many recommend.

Formlabs has a great whitepaper re: post-printing-curing in which they found 60 minutes under a 10 W 405 nm LED lamp to be optimum. Using my converted microwave oven curing chamber having a 30 W 405 nm LED I have settled in on 25 minutes--much longer than I had originally thought would be necessary; however the mechanical properties of the finished model are VERY much improved.

Were I in you situation I might try clamping the cam cover during curing between sheets of, let's say 1/4" Lexan, as a straightening jig¹. Or perhaps even with a reverse curvature if needed?

------------------------------------
¹ - I apologise, not sure if I am allowed to use that word here in America in these times--how about "fixture of color"?

Which leads me to; had you heard of the two rather large ladies who were having a discussion in a London pub? The barkeep could not place their dialect and said "I take it then you two ladies are from Ireland?", whereupon one responded haughtily "It's Wales!".

Taken aback the barkeep apologised and said "I take it then you two Whales are from Ireland?"
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(07-26-2020, 03:24 AM)cliffyk Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 12:10 AM)nickedw Wrote: Hi everyone,

Cute little motor, the generator is especially impressive.

What nature of post-printing curing are you using? I have had similar parts either flatten or get worse depending on post-curing technique. I have also found post-curing to take longer than what many recommend.

Formlabs has a great whitepaper re: post-printing-curing in which they found 60 minutes under a 10 W 405 nm LED lamp to be optimum. Using my converted microwave oven curing chamber having a 30 W 405 nm LED I have settled in on 25 minutes--much longer than I had originally thought would be necessary; however the mechanical properties of the finished model are VERY much improved.

Were I in you situation I might try clamping the cam cover during curing between sheets of, let's say 1/4" Lexan, as a straightening jig¹. Or perhaps even with a reverse curvature if needed?

¹ - I apologise, not sure if I am allowed to use that word here in America in these times--how about "fixture of color"?

Which leads me to; had you heard of the two rather large ladies who were having a discussion in a London pub? The barkeep could not place their dialect and said "I take it then you two ladies are from Ireland?", whereupon one responded haughtily "It's Wales!".

Taken aback the barkeep apologised and said "I take it then you two Whales are from Ireland?"