Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fep, oh my fep
Hello guys,

I'm surely the millionth guy to ask about this topic : I'm going crazy with the prints sticked on the fep thing  Dodgy

- My first attempt to print the towers model : fail
- Cleaning + re zoing : towers ok !

Since then, 0 print succeed.
Support printed ok, but the whole boddy fall/stick onto the fep.

You will find the settings in attachment.

What I tried :

- Re zeroing like, 0.1 / 0.2 mm higher
- Light sand the fep
- PTFE oiling
- Mask tip on lcd screen

What is possibly wrong ?

- Like 25°c and more in my room.

Any advises ? Big Grin

Thanks,

Max

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Break" the glaze on the semi-gloss finish on the platen's business end. I used a 320 grit 5" disc in a random orbit sander for just 3-4 seconds to take off the shine. No problem's since.

Yu didn't really "sand the FEP" did you--"roughing it up" just increases surface area making releasing the cured resin more difficult. That FEP will need to be replaced. "Roughing up" the platen as described above increases adhesion which is what we want...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(08-06-2020, 06:57 AM)cliffyk Wrote: "Break" the glaze on the semi-gloss finish on the platen's business end. I used a 320 grit 5" disc in a random orbit sander for just 3-4 seconds to take off the shine. No problem's since.

Yu didn't really "sand the FEP" did you--"roughing it up" just increases surface area making releasing the cured resin more difficult. That FEP will need to be replaced. "Roughing up" the platen as described above increases adhesion which is what we want...

Yeah, I'm definitely dumb...
I ordered the free fep from elegoo.

What make me crazy is that supports stick well. But not the body.
Tell me more about "free FEP from Elegoo"? I have not heard of that...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(08-06-2020, 02:01 PM)Beavounet Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 06:57 AM)cliffyk Wrote: "Break" the glaze on the semi-gloss finish on the platen's business end. I used a 320 grit 5" disc in a random orbit sander for just 3-4 seconds to take off the shine. No problem's since.

Yeah, I'm definitely dumb...
I ordered the free fep from elegoo.

What make me crazy is that supports stick well. But not the body.

Well, if they're anything like the picture posted above, it's because there's nowhere even remotely near enough. It should look more like:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/3dhubs-knowledgebase/designing-parts-sla-printing/photo7.png

I
 would recommend reading up a bit / watching videos to learn some basics before jumping in the deep end too.

PS: You should NOT sand your plate either. That way lies madness. It's easy to ruin the flatness of the plate and cause various problems. The plate works perfectly fine as is. Any issues with adhesion are from something else, with by far number 1 being too low of a bottom exposure.
I hope I was not misunderstood, I did not suggest "sanding" the platen, just very lightly breaking the glazed (gloss) finish. One could do it with stainless steel wool (stainless, not plain ol' steel wool). One would really have to go at it to affect the "flatness" of the plate--that is NOT what I have suggested.
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com