Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand New Mars Pro straight from box not reading Rook file or any other fi on oem USB
Brand new out of the box Mars Pro won't read OEM Rook file for print. The file is there but it won't show preview or print it. I even tried an older USB from my regular Mars and it won't read the files. It sees all the folders, however won't load previews or print them. I'm lost what am I missing.
I would remove the rear body cover and check the USB connection to the motherboard. The MB has a USB "A" female socket into which the extension cable for the rear connector plugs. From the factory that connection is mechanically"secured" by just a small useless glob of hot glue that doesn't really stick to anything. 

[Image: InternalUSBSocket-01.JPG]

If you unplug it there should be enough room to plug your flash drive in, directly to the MB to see it that works. If not it would appear you have a defective unit...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Yeah that hot glue is silly, I've been using a original Mars for years just fine and have even replaced screens, plates, tanks and that hot glue before. 

BUT this is a New Mars Pro and straight out the box it reads USB just fine, however any print files (including the oem Rook file) I have on the drive only show up as folders. There's no preview and when selected it won't print them.

Again Mars Pro reads USB just fine, but won't see print files.
Just received another brand new Elegoo Mars Pro replacement and SAME THING. What am I missing? Racking my brain over this.
Long shot here but, what file extension is the rook file? Is it .cbddlp? (that's what came on the OEM USB drive with my newest Mars. Will the "Pro" process .cbddlp files? one of the Pro's "features" was that it used the more compact .cbt format (which the newer plain ol' Mars units can read as well).
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(08-12-2020, 11:24 AM)cliffyk Wrote: Long shot here but, what file extension is the rook file? Is it .cbddlp? (that's what came on the OEM USB drive with my newest Mars. Will the "Pro" process .cbddlp files?  one of the Pro's "features" was that it used the more compact .cbt format (which the newer plain ol' Mars units can read as well).

Yes it's .cbddlp. It's the OEM Rook file on the OEM USB that came with the Mars PRO in the same box. 

I even took that USB and put it in my other printers and they read the file just fine.
(08-12-2020, 05:17 PM)RynoProps Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 11:24 AM)cliffyk Wrote: Long shot here but, what file extension is the rook file? Is it .cbddlp? (that's what came on the OEM USB drive with my newest Mars. Will the "Pro" process .cbddlp files?  one of the Pro's "features" was that it used the more compact .cbt format (which the newer plain ol' Mars units can read as well).

Yes it's .cbddlp. It's the OEM Rook file on the OEM USB that came with the Mars PRO in the same box. 

I even took that USB and put it in my other printers and they read the file just fine.

Are your other printers Mars Pros as well?
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(08-12-2020, 05:26 PM)cliffyk Wrote:

No my other printers are older Mars I've been using for about 1 year
(08-13-2020, 04:59 AM)RynoProps Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 05:26 PM)cliffyk Wrote:

No my other printers are older Mars I've been using for about 1 year

Try slicing the rook.stl file with chitubox, using the Mars Pro printer configuration--that will produce a rook.ctb file--see if it can read that.

BTW, the plain ol' Mars, versions M14xxx or better can read .ctb files (which are much more compact). However to get the Chitubox "Mars" configuration to create them you need to edit the ELEGOO_MARS.cfg file (in the  /resources/machine sub-folder).

Change this line:

defaultSlicerExport:CHITUBOX slicer(*.cbddlp),CHITUBOX slicer(*.ctb)

to read:

defaultSlicerExport:CHITUBOX slicer(*.ctb)

to make Chitubox write a .ctb file with the plain ol' Mars configuration.
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
[Here's what is happening. It reads OEM U Disk just fine, however the file for Rook or any other files I put on the disk doesn't show preview or print.

Please advise

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)