Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replaced LED Screen Does not do exposure test
Replaced the LED screen from a kit off of amazon.  LED screen when I do an exposure test, shows the rectangle for a second then blinks off.  I have reseated the ribbon cable, reloaded the drivers, 4.3.4, which was the same drivers I had before.  Is this a Lemon ? Or is their something else I should check?
I have not heard of this result of changing the LCD before--generally they either work or do not. Was it a genuine Elegoo replacement part?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(08-20-2020, 01:56 PM)cliffyk Wrote: I have not heard of this result of changing the LCD before--generally they either work or do not. Was it a genuine Elegoo replacement part?
Yes From Amazon

Sent a Email to support. Waiting to hear back.
I should have asked previously, is the LCD shutter blanking or is the curing lamp turning off?
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
had the same issue, its a bad screen, send it back for a new one
https://youtu.be/8_TDjzXLZkw
Video of it happening on mine
(08-20-2020, 04:40 PM)cliffyk Wrote: I should have asked previously, is the LCD shutter blanking or is the curing lamp turning off?
Lamp is staying on, the LCD shutter is the one what is turning on, then off.

(08-21-2020, 07:35 AM)Gauntfield Wrote: had the same issue, its a bad screen, send it back for a new one
This is exactly what is happening to mine.
(08-21-2020, 10:57 AM)newt1869 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 04:40 PM)cliffyk Wrote: I should have asked previously, is the LCD shutter blanking or is the curing lamp turning off?

(08-21-2020, 07:35 AM)Gauntfield Wrote: had the same issue, its a bad screen, send it back for a new one

Gauntfield, did your replacement work properly--or have you not reached that point yet yet?
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(08-21-2020, 11:37 AM)cliffyk Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 10:57 AM)newt1869 Wrote:

Gauntfield, did your replacement work properly--or have you not reached that point yet yet?

Works fine now, got a couple screens actually , elegoo sent me one for free with a new lens, and i got a few off amazon.
Quality control of the replacement LCDs seems to be a big (and annoying) problem. Earlier this year I bought one (a genuine Elegoo part, from Elegoo through Amazon)--it was bad and it went back--it's replacement was also defective. This was for a Mars I had purchased in March of 2020 and at that point I exercised my Prime membership product return option and sent he whole damned printer back (Amazon sent me a "nasty-gram" for "abusing" their return policy).

After looking at other brands for a bt (I have a Longer Orange 10 that just keeps plugging along)--and sort of against my better judgement--I got a new (silver) Mars in May (May 16 to be exact), his LCD went bad after 250 hours or so of printing. No problem, normal wear, however once again it took two tries to get a replacement LCD that worked...

WTF?
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(08-23-2020, 08:17 AM)cliffyk Wrote: Quality control of the replacement LCDs seems to be a big (and annoying) problem. Earlier this year I bought one (a genuine Elegoo part, from Elegoo through Amazon)--it was bad and it went back--it's replacement was also defective. This was for a Mars I had purchased in March of 2020 and at that point I exercised my Prime membership product return option and sent he whole damned printer back (Amazon sent me a "nasty-gram" for "abusing" their return policy).

After looking at other brands for a bt (I have a Longer Orange 10 that just keeps plugging along)--and sort of against my better judgement--I got a new (silver) Mars in May (May 16 to be exact), his LCD went bad after 250 hours or so of printing. No problem, normal wear, however once again it took two tries to get a replacement LCD that worked...

WTF?

They were a crap shot for me. First 1 I got was the one from the video, 2nd one I got works fine, im sure one of the other 2-3 I have sitting is bad.

My official Elegoo screen worked right away, the ones from amazon Comgrow store is the one I had issues with...and like you my orange30 just keeps chugging along Smile