Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand new Pro can't print with build plate attached
Video 
Hello,

Looking for help, I'm trying to figure out what the problem is with my new elegoo mars pro - since it won't print.

It shouldn't be the file. And I did level the plate, and tried multiple times with releveling.

When I make a test print without build plate and vat I can see that it starts printing and the layer count increases and rail lift and lower accordingly.

As soon as I add the vat and build plate, the rails lower the build plate, hits the bottom, machine gets noisier as if it believes it need to lower the plate even more. Nothing happens, printing never starts, print count doesn't increase.

Videos of the problem here if interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElegooMars/comm...m_i_doing/

Any one experienced something similar, am I doing something wrong?

Best 
Peter
What happens if you leave the platen locking screws loose and perform a dry run "print" (vat in place but no "goop")?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(08-21-2020, 11:45 AM)cliffyk Wrote: What happens if you leave the platen locking screws loose and perform a dry run "print" (vat in place but no "goop")?
With the screws loose with/withot the vat then it doesn't do the grind. Then it lowers to the buildplate raises a bit and then lowers again.
That it does not "grind" with the screws loose indicates to me that the platen was not properly adjusted when it did grind.

Loosen the screws and run the platen/trolley to the "Home"position, vat removed but with a sheet of approximately 0.10 mm thick paper (typical 20# US letter size copy paper, 0.15 mm thick would be better) between the platen and LCD--then while pressing downward very lightly, tighten the lock screws (front screw first).

For this exercise do not use the "Z=0" function.

Now install the vat and do another "dry run" print--what happens?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com