Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Pro 2 led/lcd
Anyone have a Mars 2 and was brave enough to open its internals? Was wondering if at some point would it be remotely possible to swap out the Mars Pro (1)'s led/lcd light and screen for the Mars Pro 2's monoscreen and new led setup.

I've been dealing with the Mars Pro 1's grid array light issue, and Elegoo support sent me a replacement lens that was supposed to fix the issue, but it was the same exact lens the unit already had.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-02-2020, 07:05 AM)twotonefox Wrote: Anyone have a Mars 2 and was brave enough to open its internals? Was wondering if at some point would it be remotely possible to swap out the Mars Pro (1)'s led/lcd light and screen for the Mars Pro 2's monoscreen and new led setup.

I've been dealing with the Mars Pro 1's grid array light issue, and Elegoo support sent me a replacement lens that was supposed to fix the issue, but it was the same exact lens the unit already had.

I've just bought the 2 Pro but not yet opened it up. But I would assume there could be a difference in firmware as the 2 pro prints faster, so whether this is a worthwhile mode has yet to be seen!
I had not heard of this "Mars 2" issue before, my plain ol' Mars shows none of that?

[Image: NewLCD-00.JPG]

Perhaps the LED array from a Mars could be a solution?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(09-02-2020, 10:30 AM)cliffyk Wrote: I had not heard of this "Mars 2" issue before, my plain ol' Mars shows none of that?

[Image: NewLCD-00.JPG]

Perhaps the LED array from a Mars could be a solution?

The Mars 2 doesn't have the issue, just the Mars Pro 1 Sad
(09-03-2020, 10:03 PM)twotonefox Wrote: The Mars 2 doesn't have the issue, just the Mars Pro 1 Sad

That would explain why I had never heard of it in the Mars 2--I have not followed Mars' model tweaks/escalations that closely.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
I'm wondering the same thing. From poking around of the chitu-tech website, I would suspect the newer Mars printers, and Mars 2 Pro may use the same mother board just with different firmware. I'd love to see a picture of the MB on the Mars 2 pro so I can compare it to my new Mars C I have here, and the new Mars Pro that I have on the way.
Well I just couldn't wait. I ordered a Mars 2 Pro off of Amazon Canada to be sent to a friend of mine that will ship it to me as soon as it shows up. Will probably take a couple weeks to get here.

I also bought a new Mars Pro last night, I assume it will be here next week.

And I currently have a Mars C that I got a couple weeks ago.

Should be able to compare them all and see what's up... If they've all got the same board, most likely a firmware swap will be able to make a Mono screen work on a newer non-mono screen printer... Time will tell!
(09-14-2020, 09:34 PM)NeSs7or9 Wrote: Well I just couldn't wait. I ordered a Mars 2 Pro off of Amazon Canada to be sent to a friend of mine that will ship it to me as soon as it shows up. Will probably take a couple weeks to get here.

I also bought a new Mars Pro last night, I assume it will be here next week.

And I currently have a Mars C that I got a couple weeks ago.

Should be able to compare them all and see what's up... If they've all got the same board, most likely a firmware swap will be able to make a Mono screen work on a newer non-mono screen printer... Time will tell!

Awesome Big Grin I would be interested in hearing your results. My biggest concern is if the Mars 2 mono screen lcd panel connector that wouldn't work with the Pro 1 board. x.x 

Either way, contacted Elegoo support again, and they said they're sending me a 'fix' that will fix my problems, but who knows what they mean by that. Supposedly it contains another light source? Wonder what it'll be. They don't like giving details.