Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support failure and weird bumps.
Hi,
I just got an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro as a first printer and I've had some issues printing anything else than the Rooks.
I've tried printing a figurine but I get a lot of support fails. The figurine comes pre-supported and no one seems to complain so I'm trying to troubleshoot my setup first.
I'm using White Elegoo Water washable resin with the default settings in Chitubox.
To make sure that the model wasn't the issue, I've tried printing something less complex (https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-...ner-120829).
And this was the result (along with the settings):
https://imgur.com/a/OUOgtRI
The model came out good but I noticed several (not all) supports failures along with weird bumps on the underside of the base. Maybe this could be related to my previous issues.

Any ideas what could be the problem?
Should I raise the exposure time to allow for the supports to stick better? Could it be that my FEP is too loose (I loosened it a little bit while troubleshooting my first figurine)?

Thanks!
I have experienced this with more viscous resins requiring added "drain" time between layers. As to the "weird bumps on the underside"; keep in mind that they are actually weird bumps on the "topside"--things in our printers are printed upside down and "supports" are actually "hangers".  The bumps are resin that "puddled up" around the hanger's contact point.

Increasing the somewhat cryptically labeled [iLight-off Delay[/i] in Chitubox's Print settings allows that added "drain" time between layers. The additional drain time my also provide better resolution overall...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
That is indeed some great insight. I'll try increasing the light delay next time.

But wouldn't that actually reinforce the supports?Elegoo customer service suggested increasing the supports penetration and diameter.

I'll try printing some bases playing with both settings.