Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Machine Parameters .gcode file help
So my new Mars C was been working excellent for almost 2 weeks now. I was going to do an 11 hour print, and didn't know if I would be home when it finished, so I modified the Machine Parameters.gcode file that came on the USB stick with the printer to make it so the fan only runs during printing. Ran the code, fan taken care of... Then I started the print and noticed that the Z now doesn't retract like it used to before I changed the gcode file.

I'm pretty sure the gcode file that came on the USB stick was different than whatever was preloaded in the machine, as all I changed was the fan.

So now the Z retracts from a fresh layer slow for a few mm, (I'm guessing 3 based off of "Z stripping slow rise distance" in the gcode), and then goes fast, and then immediately back down. This is causing me issues.

I emailed Elegoo and asked for a .gcode file that would have come in my Mars C. The file they supplied is the same, aside from the Z dwell time after rise (file I have on my stick was 1ms, the file they supplied was 10ms), Z still retracts slow then fast.

So what can I change in the gcode file to fix this so it only moves slow?

;¡¾Z home speed¡¿
M8015 I3      ; The first home speed is faster, the Z movement speed of the manual interface is also the same as this speed, and the Z axis Uplift is also use this value.
M8016 I3      ; The second home speed  is slower. Decreasing the second zero return speed can improve the repeat positioning accuracy of the limit. If this parameter is 0, Z will home only once.

;¡¾Z-axis demoulding rise and fall speed¡¿ During the demoulding process, first slowly rise, then rise quickly, then quickly fall
M8015 T2      ; Z-axis slow release rate
M8016 T3      ; Z-axis demoulding rapid rise and fall speed
;

; ¡¾When the Z axis is demolded, the dwell time after the rise¡¿
M8016 D10    ; the unit is ms (milliseconds),

I tried changing the M8016 to T3 to T2, but that didn't fix it. Do I need to change the M8015/M8016 I3 to I2 also? Or is there something else I'm missing?

; ¡¾Z stripping slow rise distance] when printing¡¿

M8070 S3    ; if motion z is not required, set it to 0

Maybe change S3 to S6 so it stays slow the whole time?

One more question:

;When printing ¡¾Z demoulding, total distance of lifting height per unit, unit mm, the distance = slow rising distance + fast rising distance¡¿

M8070 Z6    ; if motion z is not required, set it to 0

So this is set to 6mm. Does this particular parameter not matter as the retract height is able to be changed in the slicer. Or will the machine default to 6mm retract height if anything over 6 is input into the slicer?

Thanks.
How is M8489 set?

If not set to "3" the trolley will not travel to maximum height after printing.  This does also kep the fan on, though I do not find that bothersome (however my printer is located in a workshop, 75 ft from the main house)--it also prevents an after shutdown temperature bloom in the LEDs. (see my analysis of LED operating temps here).

[Image: MarsActuonAfterPrinting-GCode-00.png]
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
M8489 is set to 3, I haven't changed that, didn't see the need to.

Interesting observation on your temp testing during fan only when LED is on. I have it set right now so that the fan is on all the time when printing only.

I managed to finish an 11 hour print last night, so I will mess with random .gcode file testing tonight and see if I can figure out the needed change to make the Z axis move how it used to during printing before I changed the file.
Well through some experimenting I have been able to get it CLOSER to how it used to work, but something still is off. It's better than it was, but not HOW it was.

Would anyone with a Mars C that hasn't messed with their printer yet (as far as trying to mess with the machine parameters) be willing to dump me a copy of their machine parameters? I have attached a file called dump.gcode, that when printed will dump a copy of the current machine parameters onto your usb drive called "param-dump.gcode". It does not erase anything and will not mess up your printer, I have used it several times already to verify that the changes I have been making are actually being saved in the machine, and performed test prints after.

I'm going to use this "dump" on every new printer I get (both a Mars Pro, and a Mars 2 Pro showing up next week), so I have copies of whatever originally came on the machine, as elegoo has failed me in providing a file that makes my Mars C work how it originally did when it showed up, and the original Machine Parameters.gcode on the elegoo provided usb stick was obviously NOT what was originally on the printer when I changed it. Wish I had done a little more research and dumped a copy before hand prior to changing it.

*later comment edit*

Well I seem to have gotten it fixed by some more experimentation.

M83513, noted as "delete all parameters" in most .gcode files I've seen, will also restore to factory settings without actually deleting anything.

So printing a simple file such as

M8513 ;
M8500 ; save configuration

got me back to normal, then I dumped that, made my tweaks and reprinted that the new file, and we're right as rain now.
Here's the "M8512" dump from my plain ol' Mars (serial # 'M20xxx'):
comments translated via Google Translate--some are obviously not related to SLA printing, but stored and dumped anyway--the parameter values are "as dumped":
Code:
; Version: V4.3.2_LCDF /1440x2560 /F2.13
; followed by comments
M8513                    ;Clear the previous configuration parameters, restore the parameters to the factory settings, reconfigure the parameters
M8004 I-1                ;Z motor direction
M8005 Z0                 ;Z 0: Extrusion head moves 1: Platform moves
M8006 I30                ;Starting speed
M8007 I15                ;Track bending speed
M8008 I1000              ;Acceleration
M8010 S0.000625          ;Z per step mm
M8013 I15                ;Z maximum speed
M8015 I7                 ;Z first zero speed
M8016 I3                 ;Z second zero speed
M8015 P2.000000          ;Z slowly rising speed
M8016 P3.000000          ;Z rapid rise and fall speed
M8016 D10                ;The number of milliseconds to wait after Z rises
M8020 S3.000000          ;Makerware unwinding length
M8021 S1.750000          ;Consumable diameter
M8026 I170.000000        ;Z maximum stroke
M8028 S0.000000          ;Wire withdrawal compensation
M8029 C0                 ;Action after XYZ homing 0: Return to zero point (0,0,0) 1: Stop at the limit position
M8029 I0                 ;XY limit 0: Minimum limit 1: Maximum limit 2: Bilateral limit
M8029 S0                 ;Z limit type 0: minimum limit 1: maximum limit
M8029 T0                 ;Limit wiring 0: Limit normally open 1: Limit normally closed
M8030 C0                 ;Action after Z return 0: return to zero point (0,0,0) 1: stop at the limit position
M8030 I-1                ;LED fan LED_F control, 1: follow exposure 0: normally closed -1: normally open -2: follow print
M8030 S4                 ;LED control, 0: Normally closed 1: Normally open 2: Follow model printing 4: Follow exposure
M8030 T-1                ;Mainboard cooling fan MB_F control, 1: follow exposure 0: normally closed -1: normally open -2: follow print
M8034 I1                 ;Folder support or not
M8070 I9600              ;Projector baud rate
M8070 S3.000000          ;Each time Z slowly rises moving distance
M8070 T0                 ;Projector warm-up time
M8070 Z6.000000          ;The distance moved by each Z ascent
M8071 X1440 Y2560        ;Projection resolution
M8083 I1                 ;Whether to enable automatic leveling
M8084 Z0.000000          ;Delta Z offset, 0: offset is prohibited, the stroke is determined by setting Z to zero,
                         ; not 0, the stroke is determined by the leveling trigger trigger position + offset value
M8085 I5000              ;Boot logo duration, minimum 100ms, maximum 6000ms
M8085 T0                 ;Screen saver standby waiting time, the unit is second ms
M8087 I0 T0              ;I: the time from the direction valid to the pulse valid (ns),
                         ; T: the shortest pulse holding time (ns). If there is no external drive, please set all to 0
M9003 "CBD"              ;WiFi SSID
M8500                    ;Save configuration
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(09-19-2020, 11:01 AM)NeSs7or9 Wrote: Well through some experimenting I have been able to get it CLOSER to how it used to work, but something still is off. It's better than it was, but not HOW it was.

Would anyone with a Mars C that hasn't messed with their printer yet (as far as trying to mess with the machine parameters) be willing to dump me a copy of their machine parameters? I have attached a file called dump.gcode, that when printed will dump a copy of the current machine parameters onto your usb drive called "param-dump.gcode". It does not erase anything and will not mess up your printer, I have used it several times already to verify that the changes I have been making are actually being saved in the machine, and performed test prints after.

I'm going to use this "dump" on every new printer I get (both a Mars Pro, and a Mars 2 Pro showing up next week), so I have copies of whatever originally came on the machine, as elegoo has failed me in providing a file that makes my Mars C work how it originally did when it showed up, and the original Machine Parameters.gcode on the elegoo provided usb stick was obviously NOT what was originally on the printer when I changed it. Wish I had done a little more research and dumped a copy before hand prior to changing it.

*later comment edit*

Well I seem to have gotten it fixed by some more experimentation.

M83513, noted as "delete all parameters" in most .gcode files I've seen, will also restore to factory settings without actually deleting anything.

So printing a simple file such as

M8513 ;
M8500 ; save configuration

got me back to normal, then I dumped that, made my tweaks and reprinted that the new file, and we're right as rain now.

Hello,

I did not find the param-dump.gcode file to be attached to your post--if that is not behaving as it should could you send it to me @ cliffyk@paladinmicro.com.

I have been using a simple "one liner" containing just M8512 "ConfigDump.gcode" which works, but leaves the printer howling a raucous tone 'til it's shut-down and re-powered. does your script have more in it?

i have seen mention of issuing an M6046 command to halt printing before executing the M8512 directive.

Specifically M6046 I4000 "M0" to issue an unconditional stop ("M0"), after a 4 second delay, but without suspending SD card I/O--I have not tried this, does the script you have use this or any other commands in addition to the M8512 directive?

Thank you!
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
It would seem that my attached file was removed from the forum. It was just an M8512 "param-dump.gcode" file, I figured it would be easiest to attach a file to make it convenient for people to dump without manually typing it up in their own file. There was really nothing special about it. I guess my printer is considered an "04" version with the new mother board, it does not make any weird permanent sounds when I run the dump file that requires me to power off and on.

I did notice that it looks like there are some left over unused FDM parameters (from what I can tell) in the factory parameters file. Kinda weird.

Thanks for taking the time to post a dump, but just a simple M8513 followed by an M8500 got me reset back to stock.

I do see that your Maximum Z stroke is set to 170mm, have you modified your machine for more Z height? (shorter knob?) Mine is still set at 155mm
(09-20-2020, 02:22 PM)NeSs7or9 Wrote: I do see that your Maximum Z stroke is set to 170mm, have you modified your machine for more Z height? (shorter knob?) Mine is still set at 155mm

Yes, i have... though basically it's just the parameter that needs to be changed.

I did make a new (shorter) clamping screw knob for the trolley:

[Image: TrolleyClampScrew-00.png]

to provide clearance for the cover:

[Image: CoverClearance-00.png]

Not related, I also printed a new top plate/bearing hanger for the Z-axis lead screw (it's a 608Z bearing, press fit/epoxy into the hanger, pretty tight slip fit on the screw):

[Image: TopBearingHanger-00.png]

This is not really needed, as the trolley's X- and Y-axis position is maintained by the tower's guide rail independent of the lead screw, but it's a nice touch.
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
I like that top Z screw bearing/holder/mount. I noticed on one of my new printers the Z screw has a noticeable wobble at the top, I don't really like that, even though it may not effect anything.