Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supports printed, Model failed/stuck to FEP
I printed two (well 3, but the slicer calls it 2) different models in one go. This was the first time I tried to use supports, as I've been struggling to get the pieces off if they are flat. I've seen a couple of other threads that sounded similar, but with no resolve. In the others, the first response is asking for details so I've included photos/screenshots with what I'm hoping is all of the relative information. One set of models printed fine and the other, the supports printed, but the actual model did not. I can see the outline of it on the FEP, so I'm assuming it did not adhere to the supports properly, but I have no idea what to adjust on the supports. I do know that on one of the models in Chitubox, I hit the +Platform (under Auto Support) and the other I hit +All. That was the only change I made so I'm guessing that had something to do with it, but I'm not sure which is which. 

Also, the build is still dripping into the resin tray, but once that's done, I'm going to have to empty the tray and deal with the outline. Will that come off easily, will I have to be careful not to damage it or is the FEP Liner ruined? Thanks.

I have pictures of the failed print and the tray, but it says they are too large. If someone needs to see them, let me know and I can downsize.        
Almost regardless to what resin you are using, 30 seconds is far too short an exposure for the bottom layers--try 60 to 80 seconds...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com