Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubbles between LCD and FEP
I just started printing on my new Mars Pro and have been finding an issue with distortions in my prints, looking like worms moving around the surfaces of the part.

After looking at the features I wanted to be sure there wasn't some stray fragments stuck to the FEP, I used the plastic scraper to probe the FEP and saw a lot of bubbles between the FEP and the LCD screen. These would seem to make sense as the source of the wandering "worm holes" in my parts. I suspect the bubbles cause distortions in the UV light path and cause larger areas to cure. As each layer is printed, the bubbles move around from the build plate lifting and re-applying the print to the FEP.

I have tried cleaning the surfaces of the FEP and LCD with IPA and a lens cloth. Things improved a bit, but still having issues. I definitely removed the protective film on the FEP when I unboxed the unit.  I don't recall removing anything over the LCD...but I also can't see any protective film there either, so I think it is bare glass.

Does anyone have any advice on preventing these bubbles? 
I use a very, VERY, slight application of silicon mold release. Just spray a tiny bit on a microfibre cloth and lightly wipe the LCD and underside of the FEP so as to minimise any tendency toward stiction/binding that might occur betwixt the two.

I do this only after installing a new FEP...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Photo 
Here are some photos of the issue...

[Image: 20200923_110538-M.jpg]

[Image: 20200923_202655-M.jpg]
I have only sort of experienced what you show. Make 110% certain the LCD and FEP are dry, Dry. DRY before installing the resin vat--I use a hair dryer after cleaning the vat to make sure it's bone dry...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com