Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build plate adhesion issues?
Nothing ever changes for no reason.

It worked because those exposures were correct for the tinted clear resin, but too short for the gray...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
That makes sense but how do I manually increase exposure times for the grey?
In Chitubox, press "Settings":

[Image: Chitubox-Settings-00.jpg]

Make the chamges:

[Image: Chitubox-Settings-01.jpg]

Then click "Add new profile" and "Edit profile name" to save it:

[Image: Chitubox-Settings-02.jpg]
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Okay so I had another successful print with the clear resin. I then tried a new Elegoo ABS-like Grey resin and it failed. I added in some supports for the model I was attempting and the supports printed fine but again the base of the model only seemed to print maybe a couple layers. It was paper thin and stuck to the film so I cancelled the project. I am attempting a different model and I've increased the exposure time from 6 to 10 and the bottom exposure time from 50 to 75. I am going to see if this makes any difference. It seems the issue with the grey keeps being the larger bases aren't attached to the plate yet the smaller support bases are...? Again I haven't tested this model in clear so maybe I should have tried the rook again.. but I guess we will see what happens.
Photo polymers and the the photo-sensitive "initiators" (the component that starts the curing when exposed to the near-UV light) are typically clear. Opaque (colored) resins are made so by mixing color pigment(s) with clear resin.

Things that are clear are so because they transmit light, things opaque do not transmit light, but rather reflect it--therefore the pigment in color resin blocks some of the curing light preventing it from reaching and "firing off" the photo-initiators.

Less light reaching the initiators = slower curing = longer exposure required.
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
That makes sense. So for a larger flat base to adhere to the build plate in a grey or colored resin. What would you suggest setting the initial exposure time to?
I do not have a "Pro", perhaps someone who does can provide better info; however 65 to 70 s (or the 75 s you indicated above) should be adequate. Keep in mind that at 50 microns (0.05 mm) per layer, "paper thin" is 2 to 3 layers; 5 layers is not a heck of a lot thicker--you may want to increase the number of bottom layers as well..

Also, I have had good luck applying a thin coat of resin prior to the platen prior to printing. I clean it with IPA, then use a wide artist's brush to apply a coat of resin just before printing--it seems to help to "prime" the platen's surface...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Thanks for the help!
You are quite welcome, let us know how things go...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/-Gukk_KGTgc?t=623[/video]

I found this video, i have copied at the correct time stamp, have ordered some lubricant to try this, will let you know how it goes when it turns up friday, or would this be a big no no?