Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolutely Nothing Printing
Hello,

I recently bought a Elegoo Mars Pro and it is not printing at all. Here are all the steps I have taken.

1.  Removed Elegoo Mars and set it up. I have seen some individuals on youtube that had a film on the bottom of their resin basin. Mine did not have any film to remove off of the resin basin. There was no sticker or tag saying to remove the plastic.  I have tried to see if there was anything to peel but I am afraid to punch a hole through the resin basin. It was also missing the USB drive (looked through the whole box).

2.  Calibrated the printer plate arm as directed by the instructions (about three times now). I ensured the paper between the LCD screen and plate could be removed, but was still held somewhat firmly. 

3.  Tested the UV light and it appeared to be working. It shows a bright rectangle with evenly spaced dark lines. (See the below image)

4.  Used the "Standard Photopolymer Resin" from Elegoo and filled the resin basin.

5.  Downloaded the rook file (and tried other files as well), put in the recommended resin settings into Chitubox from the instructional manual, and put the sliced file into my Elegoo Mars Pro.

6.  Pressed print and let it work for the allotted time. The arm would move up and down between layers as if it was working.

- The end result was a absolutely nothing. There was no hardened pieces, there was nothing attached to the resin basin screen or the plate. There was nothing floating in the liquid, and the resin did not change its consistency. I have tried both the rook and actual Chitibox supported minis. I am at a loss as to why it would not even harden any resin. At this point, I would be happy with a failed print so at least I would know it worked. 

Any guidance or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Your photo of the exposure test seems to indicate the LCD screen is not functioning properly, ikt should look more like this (ignore the dark spot, squirms and squiggles--this is actually a shot of a bad screen in my Mars):

[Image: BadLCD-01.JPG]

It should display a dark rectangle with a bright surround matching that shown on the front panel display.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Found this in a YouTube video re: replacing the Pro LCD--what the exposure test shoiuld look like:

[Image: ProExposureTest-01.jpg]
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
If you only recently purchased see if you can return it and get another one. Elegoo support is on vacation until October 9 I believe because of holiday in China. I tried contacting them for issues and have to wait for them to return to see what they will do. But if your LCD is not working that sounds like a faulty unit and I would try to exchange it if I were you. I think Amazon does free returns for damaged or broken products within 30 days, if that is where you bought it.
(10-01-2020, 06:32 PM)cliffyk Wrote: Your photo of the exposure test seems to indicate the LCD screen is not functioning properly, ikt should look more like this (ignore the dark spot, squirms and squiggles--this is actually a shot of a bad screen in my Mars):

[Image: BadLCD-01.JPG]

It should display a dark rectangle with a bright surround matching that shown on the front panel display.

I have been having the same issue. I replaced the screen and I still don't see anything other than the UV lights shining through the screen.