Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flattened prints
Hi.  I have two Elegoo Mars and a bunch of Anycubic Photons.  One of the Mars printers consitently prints things much flatter than the other Mars.  Adhesion is fine and the print is otherwise acccurate, but I'd say it's about at most 2/3 the height of what I get on the other Mars (or on any of the Photons, for that matter).  Can anybody help me with this?  I haven't even looked to see if there's a firmware update, but I can't imagine it being anything else.  Thanks in advance
the first thing that occurs to me is to ask what layer thickness is being used on the misbehaving printer--is it different than the others?

Same resin? 2/3rds smaller is a lot...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(10-06-2020, 09:33 AM)cliffyk Wrote: the first thing that occurs to me is to ask what layer thickness is being used on the misbehaving printer--is it different than the others?

Same resin? 2/3rds smaller is a lot...
I'm eyeballing the 2/3rds thing.  I could be off some, but definitely flatter.  It's the same .cbddlp file that prints fine on the other Mars.  I do know the "good" Mars has an older FW version:  V4.2.16 vs V4.2.20.3
2/3rds is quite noticeable:

[Image: 66.67pct-00.jpg]

Any photos?

What vintage (first 3 chars of the serial number) are your Mars printers?

ex. my "silver" Mars is an "M20...":

[Image: Silver-SN.JPG]

If newer than M12 or M13 you should be able to print ".ctb" files--probably won't make any difference, but it might be worth a try?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com