Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant misprints after perfect Prints
Hello,

i run my LCD screen for about 180h (reounded up) and i am receiveing constant misprints now. They do not have holes in them but they are warped as crazy and mishapen. I ran a exposure test and it showed something that might shows some issue with the screen but i am not sure.

I used a external picture hoster.
A few misprints. They were printed "flat" on the printing bed with heavy supports
[Image: cimg34324lk7d.jpg]
[Image: cimg343387k8v.jpg]
[Image: cimg34341hkit.jpg][Image: cimg3435urj18.jpg][Image: cimg3436kbkov.jpg]

LCD Screen

[Image: 20201006_1550179njt5.jpg][Image: 20201006_155033jbkeg.jpg]
Try increasing exposures by 10 to 15%, but the real solution is to get a new screen. Toward the end of their life they get frozen and sluggish pixels that reduce overall light transmission causing incomplete curing making warps, delaminations , etc. Longer exposures my buy you some time...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
I thought as much. I thought it was adveritsed thast the screens should last around 500h. Mine has not even reached 200 yet :/ I am keeping a notebook with teh running time to keep track ^^
Luckily i bought some spares.

My exposure time ist set to 8s. so 10 might do the trick to extend it a little?
I have not seen such a claim made by Elegoo. They warrant it for 3 months and will send a new one if you complain to support it did not last that long (takes 2-3 weeks via slow-boat from China to get it. I have experienced 250 to 350 hour lives, though I had one that only lasted 11 days before behaving as yours--Elegoo replaced it...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Hm ok. I read it on several reviews and on YouTube (yes i know, like Wikipedia a totaly reliable source xD) before i bought it. Well it has been about 6 months since i bought it and havent used it constantly. But i will try to claim a replaicement by Elegoo. I might get lucky ^^
Thanks for the clear up!
Does teh longer exposure time extend the new creens live or should i leave it a 8s?
Using longer exposures will do two things, one good, one bad. The good is that it will compensate (but just to some extent) for the overall "dimming" of the worn LCD shutter. The bad is that it is exposure to the near-UV curing light that deteriorates the LCD, so longer exposures wil exacerbate and accelerate it's demise.

In writing this it occurs to me that for maximum LCD life one should use resins requiring the shortest exposures to cure properly--I.e. the lighter color and "clear" resins.
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com