Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supports printing but not prints
So i have a regular Mars but can’t seem to get any prints to work. I have switched the angle. Leveled the plate. Adjusted the supports. But no matter what I do, all i get is supports on the plate and the print stuck to the fep
Most likely cause is insufficient exposure. What resin are you using? What regular layer exposure time?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Hi all,

Been reading the responses as I am / was struggling with my Elegoo Mars Pro 2. Thought that the profile and basic settings would be somehow relevant to a successful print. No... Something like 65sec bottom layer exposure, 7 bottom layers and 6 second layer exposure. Using clear Resin. Some color mix resin from 3d Jake. FINALLY after about 10 failed prints I can confirm 2 successful ones. 

The room temp is around 21C. Not sure how much that plays to it. Before succeeding, also used steel wool to "rough up" the plate. Already down 1 FEP due to quality control issues. The vat was leaking and the exposure hardened a drop under the FEP. Hole in FEP, a whole mess to clean. Slightly miffed.
Another Chitubox setting that can cause a model to tear from the supports is the normal layer "Lifting Speed"

[Image: LiftSpeeds-00.jpg]

The default setting for this with Chitubox's supplied MARS printer configuration was 100 mm/minute which I found to be too fast, causing increased stress in the hangers ("supports", but really "hangers" in our printers) when pulling a newly printed layer from the FEP. I reduced that to 60 mm/m and have enjoyed higher overall success rates, improved finishes on vertical surfaces, and less inter-layer deformation.

I also reduced the bottom layer lift speed from the default 90 to 75 mm/m to improve bottom layer adhesion .

In reviewing the supplied printer configurations (from Chitubox v 1.7.0)  for other Elegoo models I see these default settings:
  • machine: normal/bottom lift speeds (mm/m)
  • MARS: 100/90
  • MARS C: 100/90
  • MARS PRO: 100/90
  • MARS 2: 80/60
  • MARS 2 Pro: 80/60
  • MARS Saturn: 70/70

70 to 100 (normal mm/m) seems like a rather wide range for machines using the same raw material, and fundamentally the same process and technology?

In any event 60/75 (normal/bottom mm/m) works well for me...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com