Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ELegoo Mars 2 Pro won't starting printin and starts loud hum with vibration
Please see the video I attached to the post. I just bought the printer yesterday, and I have only gotten the default chess pieces to print. Now, I am getting this problem. The plate moves to the bottom, and then will not start printing and it starts to hum loudly with some vibration. I think I may have accidentally pressed the down button while resetting the Zero axis, and the plate was firmly against screen. It is acting like it is not reaching its set zero, and keeps trying to move lower I think. Any help would be appreciated.
To add to this, I have tried multiple power cycles, and re-leveling and re-zeroing. Here is my reddit post where I have the video: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElegooMars/comm..._loud_hum/
I'd like to help, but your choice of the light gray font is quite impossible for my 72 yo eyes  to read with my choice of the forum's conventional light theme:

[Image: LightGrayPost-00.jpg]
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
I just experienced this same issue on my unit. It has been printing fine, but suddenly yesterday when I started a print, it drove into the LCD and stopped when the motor stalled. I head the humming upstairs in my house. I quickly ran down and stopped the print. The build plate remained in the vat, so I attempted to lift the plate using the manual commands on the LCD display and it wouldn't move. I power cycled the machine and was able to get it to drive up this time, but it eventually exceeded the upper limit on the Z-axis and stalled out at the top.

I believe this was a slicing issue or file corruption problem. I have not had any issues up to this point and after a re-leveling of my build plate, it is printing other files just fine.

Carverbain, have you tried different files to print? What settings were used in the slicer? Also, important to be sure we know what model Mars you are using, since the settings can vary a lot between the different versions of printers.
(11-01-2020, 01:29 AM)carverebain Wrote: Please see the video I attached to the post. I just bought the printer yesterday, and I have only gotten the default chess pieces to print. Now, I am getting this problem. The plate moves to the bottom, and then will not start printing and it starts to hum loudly with some vibration. I think I may have accidentally pressed the down button while resetting the Zero axis, and the plate was firmly against screen. It is acting like it is not reaching its set zero, and keeps trying to move lower I think. Any help would be appreciated.
To add to this, I have tried multiple power cycles, and re-leveling and re-zeroing. Here is my reddit post where I have the video: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElegooMars/comm..._loud_hum/
I have the same exact issue, from the first print til months later.  I gotta rewash EVERYTHING and its really hard to get it clean and dry again.  Multiple times you try and get it to print, it just goes WRRRRRRR.  You try and set zero just one notch higher than you think it should be, to compensate for it slamming into the LCD, and then you just get a print that doesn't stick to the plate at all, just a glob of cured resin stuck to the bottom of the vat.  Every once in a while it'll print though.  But you get a sorta deformed print on some side of the printer.  It sucks.  Will let u know if I figure it out ever.
Any updates on this? I just got the Mars 2 and am having the exact same issue. My test print worked perfectly, but now I attempt my second and it burys itself in the resin and starts making that loud whrrrrr sound.
I have the same exact issue. I cleaned everything twice, leveled maybe 3 times already but no matter what I do, it always starts humming and pressing against the LCD.
I even formatted a different USB to FAT32 but even then this issue occurs.
Rainbow 
To anyone experiencing this issue, I recommend you lubricate the axle upon which the bed sits. I had this same noise and I had to press on the bed to get it to move, so I decided to put some on and it worked like a charm Tongue
Remove the platen assembly and resin vat, then press the "Home" button. If the trolley descends, stops, rises a bit, then falls slowly and stops (as shown below), then the problem is the manner in which you are adjusting the build plate--or some irregularity in the resin vat or FEP.

normal trolley travel to Home position:
click here for .mp4 video (43 MB)

The platen may be shifting as you are tightening the lock screws--make 110% certain the FEP is clean and all the FEP retainer screws are properly seated.

BTW the platen lock screws just need to snugged up, not tightened like a lug nut.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
I've had the Mars 2 Pro do that once, turned out there was a reeeealy small piece of a support that got loose in the VAT and obstructed the plate from going down fully.
Late to the party on this thread, but just wanted to contribute that when this happened to me, I lubricated the axis. No difference. Then I re-levelled the build plate and re-set the zero and that seemed to fix the problem.