Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becoming Disillusioned With the Utility of Resin Printed Components
(02-09-2021, 09:33 AM)pjnyznyk Wrote: Hey so I'm realtivy new to 3D printing and primarily use it for tabletop RPG miniatures and terrain.  I've had the same issues when using Elegoo brand resin and Siraya Tech Fast.  What I found is if you mix Siraya Fast with Tenacious at a 4:1 ratio it significantly improves strength. I also did not have to adjust my setting with this mixture.  I know Tenacious is Siraya Techs strongest resin at $65 a bottle!  I know the Blue ($50) is strong as well.  I'd try using mixes with either of the above resins with a Fast or Sculpt.  I hope this helped.

In the first, because I'm old and spent 13 months of my early adulthood in Vietnam, what are "RPG miniatures"? To me RPG is "Rocket Propelled Grenade".

I got some Phrozen Functional Resin: Beige Flex ($54 for ! kg from Amazon, but apparently no longer available) and had much better results--think I'll stick a crowbar in my wallet and get some Tenacious or maybe some Blue--however "strong" is not my fundamental problem; it's the extremely low elongation at yield that makes the cheap 'ABS-like" resins useless for any but VERY lightly loaded functional components. .

Glass is strong but as a solid block it doesn't bend for shit...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Becoming Disillusioned With the Utility of Resin Printed Components - by cliffyk - 02-09-2021, 10:21 AM