Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars2 pro misbehaving
Hi everybody,

I recently bit the bullit and got myself a Mars pro2 which I love. I have been printing for around three weeks now without any problems.

Yesterday I sent it to print as per normal but it only printed the first few layers which stuck to the FEP (see picture) and then carried on with the printing process but printing nothing.

So I checked all the settings which were the same as my previous unhindered prints. I re-set the build plate which is fine. I cleaned the LCD which was'nt really dirty and cleaned the FEP. I then set it to print again after gently sanding the build plate, then warming up the build plate, the tank and the resin before sending the print. The same thing happend only printed the first few layers but nothing stuck to the plate and just the first few layers stuck to the FEP.

I have checked to see the LCD is working and it seems to be.(see picture)

Any suggestions as to what has happend to my 3 week old printer will be gratefully recieved, before I send it back to Amazon!

Thanks for looking.
[img][Image: 50814036691_975deabc0a_k.jpg]20210108_131137 by mooneyes2009, on Flickr[/img]
[img][Image: 50813290078_976454f2f7_k.jpg]20210108_131202 by mooneyes2009, on Flickr[/img]
I have no truly sound advice, other than to cite the usual re: build plate adhesion issues (roughing up the platen surface a bit is one sometimes solution, try reducing the lift speeds too).

Reading messages here, the Pro 2 seems to have more than it's share of problems--I'd send it back while your window with Amazon is open and get a plain ol' Mars. I have two, and other than replacing the LCD every 250 to 300 hours they just run and run and run...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com