Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powers off mid printing: Elegoo Mars
I have an Elegoo Mars (m08) that has worked great for the last year. I recently traveled to another state and brought it with me. Once I arrived and began trying to print on it, the printer shuts down somewhere between the first and fifth layer every time. I tried updating the firmware, changing the motor out and replacing the limiter switch, but nothing has changed. Everything works exactly as it should. Zeroing out, esposure test, the arm moves fully up and down the threaded rod.

It always happens in the beginning layers where it beeps each time with the plate being at zero, so it never makes it to the "non-beep" layers. It always immediately powers on after shutting down as well.

Everything seems to be in perfect order and I cannot figure out why it is doing this.
Are you attempting to print the same file each time? If so try another file--if that also fails perform a complete repartitioning and reformat of the jump drive (FAT 32 with a MBR (master boot record)...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(01-18-2021, 12:09 PM)cliffyk Wrote: Are you attempting to print the same file each time?  If so try another file--if that also fails perform a complete repartitioning and reformat of the jump drive (FAT 32 with a MBR (master boot record)...
No I have tried printing many different files including the test Rooks. I will try the jump drive reformat but I have used 2 different jump drives and it has the same issue no matter which one I pull the file from. Is there a source I could look to on how to repartition and reformat the jump drive? Thank you for your reply.
You need to contact Elegoo support (3dp@elegoo.com). This user forum is not an official Elegoo support site.

One other thought. as it was moved--open it up and check for loose connectors and or components...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(01-18-2021, 01:53 PM)laxerjaime27 Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:09 PM)cliffyk Wrote: Are you attempting to print the same file each time?  If so try another file--if that also fails perform a complete repartitioning and reformat of the jump drive (FAT 32 with a MBR (master boot record)...
No I have tried printing many different files including the test Rooks. I will try the jump drive reformat but I have used 2 different jump drives and it has the same issue no matter which one I pull the file from. Is there a source I could look to on how to repartition and reformat the jump drive? Thank you for your reply.
I started experiencing a similar issue today.  I had just fitted the Fulament flexible plate to the build plate and releveled the plate.  As soon as I print it shows the first layer on the screen then cuts out and restarts back to the previous screen.  I have tried multiple files.  I would rather not remove the fulament plate as I can't see it has anything to do with the issue.  Rather than rip it off I may order a new build plate.  I assume you haven't sorted your issue out yet Jaime?
(03-06-2021, 02:28 PM)gordon3d Wrote: I started experiencing a similar issue today.  I had just fitted the Fulament flexible plate to the build plate and releveled the plate.  As soon as I print it shows the first layer on the screen then cuts out and restarts back to the previous screen.  I have tried multiple files.  I would rather not remove the fulament plate as I can't see it has anything to do with the issue.  Rather than rip it off I may order a new build plate.  I assume you haven't sorted your issue out yet Jaime?

What happens if you remove the resin vat and platen and attempt to "print" a model? this will eliminate any interaction/effect of FEP and/or platen adhesion issues from the printer's hardware and firmware performance. If it works try it without just the resin vat and see what happens. Then try with the vat but sans platen...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
(03-06-2021, 06:20 PM)cliffyk Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 02:28 PM)gordon3d Wrote: I started experiencing a similar issue today.  I had just fitted the Fulament flexible plate to the build plate and releveled the plate.  As soon as I print it shows the first layer on the screen then cuts out and restarts back to the previous screen.  I have tried multiple files.  I would rather not remove the fulament plate as I can't see it has anything to do with the issue.  Rather than rip it off I may order a new build plate.  I assume you haven't sorted your issue out yet Jaime?

What happens if you remove the resin vat and platen and attempt to "print" a model? this will eliminate any interaction/effect of FEP and/or platen adhesion issues from the printer's hardware and firmware performance. If it works try it without just the resin vat and see what happens. Then try with the vat but sans platen...
Good thinking Cliff, I removed tank and build plate and same thing happens - as soon as the first section appears, within a second it goes black and the fan switches off.  Another couple of seconds and it reboots.  I will see if I can reset to factory settings and have a dig around the web for anyone else getting this problem.  I haven't printed in maybe 6-8 weeks but it was fine back then and the machine hadn't been bumped or moved!
(03-06-2021, 09:14 PM)gordon3d Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 06:20 PM)cliffyk Wrote:

Good thinking Cliff, I removed tank and build plate and same thing happens - as soon as the first section appears, within a second it goes black and the fan switches off.  Another couple of seconds and it reboots.  I will see if I can reset to factory settings and have a dig around the web for anyone else getting this problem.  I haven't printed in maybe 6-8 weeks but it was fine back then and the machine hadn't been bumped or moved!

Cool, now we know it's a hardware or firmware problem other than your recent modification--that's at least a step forward...

I would contact Elegoo support (3dp@elegoo.com); I have found them to be helpful. and reload the firmware after checking and jiggling (not much current flow involved here, even a speck of corrosion can muck things up) all connections inside the unit.
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com