Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars M13 / 80% of prints uncomplete
Hello everybody,

I have a very very frustrating issue, and I can't get rid of it...

My Elegoo mars have been purchased one year ago, model M13. Almost not used it since the beginning, because each print I tried was a failure. Firmware updated to version V4.3.4 downloaded from Elegoo site, Chitubox 1.5.0 used for slicing with standard parameters for my printer. I use Grey resin, elegoo brand.

Approximately 80% of my prints fail: the print stop at random height. Strange thing is that the printing process continue: the support is still going up and down, and it takes normal time. I can see all successive layers on the screen but there is nothing inside the resin tank and/or stuck on the FEP film.

Used multiple USB keys, with FAT32 and NTFS formatting à no change.

Regenerate multiple slicing file à no change

50% of prints are good when I clean everything before printing (power off the device, empty the resin can, clean everything with isopronanol, refill). Can you confirm if you are successful to perform several prints one after another, or if everything need to be cleaned before each printing session?

What is your opinion on the root cause ? Is it a problem of UV lamp, of firmware, of slicing maybe?

Your support would be heavily welcome, it is very frustrating to have a 3D printer and not to be able to print anything with it.

Gg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How old is it?
How many hours of use? If more than 250 to 300 the LCD shutter has failed...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Hello,

Printer received in Jan 2020, almost never used before.

Less than 20 hours of use for sure.

Br,

Gg
Remove the build plate assembly and resin vat, then slice & "print" this file (LCDTest.stl).

It will print a 68 x 10 x 5 mm slab that will fully "illuminate" the LCD--iot should be clear and evenly bright:

[Image: NewLCD-00.JPG]

If not and you see streaking and/or dark spots then the LCD is shot:

[Image: BadLCD-02.JPG]
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Sad 
Hello,

I did the test, saw a white spot on the screen. Considering also that screen was barey visible in the dark, I took the decision to buy another screen --> installed yesterday.

Test is now perfect, but problem is still here: first print 15% complete, nothing printed at the second print.

I tam currently trying a third attempt with enclosure open, so I can check that the LED are operating proprely.

An idea, someone ?

(01-24-2021, 04:24 PM)ggregoir Wrote: Hello,

Printer received in Jan 2020, almost never used before.

Less than 20 hours of use for sure.

Br,

Gg

I fund these statements confusing--to my reading the printer was used when you "received" it (in 2020; a year ago), and "almost never used before."

If this is so it is important to remember that many of those selling things are not entirely truthful.

In any event that LCD is shot, it appears the only part working properly is the white dot. I've never see one that bad...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com
Hello,

I purchased the printer on Amazon on December 2019. I used it very few. I made couple of tries to print a miniature of "millenium falcon". All my tries were failure, so I put the printer in one place and not used it for almost one year.

Now I retry to use it, hope it is more  clear.

3 tries this weekend, with same chitubox slicing:
1st try/ stop after 1cm (but all operation went to the end, with the printer saying "print successfull at the end"
2nd try/ nothing printed, with the printer saying "print successfull at the end"
3rd try/ stop after 4cm, with the printer saying "print successfull at the end"

I'm completely lost, and loosing my time and money on unsuccessfull prints :-(
You seem to have set up a custom, very light, font colour on your posts; for those of us using the forum's light color scheme it looks like this (with very few exceptions I cannot tolerate the trendy dark themed user interfaces):

[Image: MarsForumLightFont-00.jpg]

I had thought the posts were blank until it occurred to me to select and "highlight" the message body:

[Image: MarsForumLightFont-01.jpg]

So now that I can read your message my only remaining suggestion is that yoiu contact the official Elegoo support group at 3dp@elegoo.com. I have always found them to be quite helpful and to REALLY care about customer satisfaction..
Hello,

New elements: issue seems to be related to my LED array: the luminosity is deeply varying from time to time, see attached pictures. When the luminosity is low, there is not enough light to polymerize.

LOW is a picture after an attempt is failed, without powering off the printer.

HIGH is a picture just after the printer is turner on after a pause of one hour.

Is the problem known ?

BR,

Gg

(02-02-2021, 03:17 AM)ggregoir Wrote: Hello,

New elements: issue seems to be related to my LED array: the luminosity is deeply varying from time to time, see attached pictures. When the luminosity is low, there is not enough light to polymerize.

LOW is a picture after an attempt is failed, without powering off the printer.

HIGH is a picture just after the printer is turner on after a pause of one hour.

Is the problem known ?

BR,

Gg

Almost guaranteed to be temperature related--is the cooling fan running continuously during printing? Its sound should pretty noticeable, also as I suggested earlier is the machine gut in the open where it can "breath well"?

In the "LOW" photo it looks like it's on a bookshelf or in a closet/cabinet. If you have a small table fan try aiming it at the printer during operation...
-cliff knight-
paladinmicro.com