Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen Damage, Can I Still Print?
I just got my Elegoo Saturn about a week ago and have been gathering all the supplies needed. I haven't even used it yet. Today, I accidentally made a small nick in the screen (just the polarizer?). The surface is no longer 100% flat and it can be felt through the FEP sheet in the vat.

Can I still print with this or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can print, however try to locate your model so as to avoid that area--anything printed in that area will be distorted or non-existent...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Thanks. Good to know. Thankfully it is very close to the edge so I don't think it will affect too many prints (hopefully).

At some point, after I have been able to use the printer for a while, I might try to replace the polarizer if it isn't too much of a PITA.
(02-25-2021, 09:21 PM)celtic007 Wrote: Thanks. Good to know. Thankfully it is very close to the edge so I don't think it will affect too many prints (hopefully).

At some point, after I have been able to use the printer for a while, I might try to replace the polarizer if it isn't too much of a PITA.

Replacing just the polarizer layer would be a major PITA--also I doubt that just that layer is available. You'll need to replace the entire screen--just wait 'til it wears out after 350 to 400 hours of printing.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com