Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prints are failing spectacularly!
Hello,
I purchased an Elegoo Mars P last year (august 2020) and since a couple of weeks I'm having problems:

instead of getting a print of the model I'm getting a chunky block of resin (see attached picture)

• The problem started slowly (once every 4/5 prints) but now is consistent and I can't get a nice print at all.

• I'm using the following resin: ELEGOO LCD UV 405nm Rapid 3D Resin for LCD 3D Printer 1000g Photopolymer Resin Grey. I've always used this resin so far, so I would exclude the resin.

• Also tested printing the same files I've been using so far and the problem is consistent, so I would exclude a problem with the slicer or the settings of the slicer.

• Also the printer is still in the same place and I could exclude changes in the lighting or the temperature of the room.

any suggestions?

The only possible things I could think of is that the LCD is malfunctioning

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do not use custom font colours on this forum. Those of us using the more conventional light colour scheme see your post like this:

[Image: ForumColours-00.jpg]

At first it looked as though there was no message--then I realised what was going on and "highlighted" the text:

[Image: ForumColours-01.jpg]

"last August" was 8 months ago, if you have printed for more than 250 to 350 hours (just 1.25 hours/day average) since then there's a 99.44% chance the LCD shutter is shot--that (250 to 350 hours) is how long they last (it's warranted for just 3 months).

Remove the resin vat and platen assembly, placer a sheet of printer paper on the lLCD and "print" this file (VatClean-00.stl. It is a full screen block that fully "illuminate" the LCD, if the LCD is bad you'll see dark blotches, streaks, etc. or just an overall too dark display.

like this:
[Image: BadLCD-02.JPG]

a good LCD will display this:
[Image: NewLCD-00.JPG]
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
Thanks, I'll give it a try

not sure if I did the test correctly, in my case I see the pattern with a bunch of squares which I guess are from the lamp undrneath the screen.
I used the "clean tank" option from the settings

It looks a bit dim overall. However if you have accomulated more than 250 to 300 hours of printing time it is shot--time for a replacement. Tou can trey increasing your exposure times by 25% to 30% to maybe buy some time--but you'l need a new LCD before too long. Elegoo should be more upfront about this in the owner's manual...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com