Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to figure out how to load files into CHITUBOX downloaded from the net.
I apologize ahead of time for the simple question as the answer I know should be obvious (yet I cannot seem to figure it out on my own)

I got the Egeloo Mars in the mail just the other day and wanted to make some test prints to get myself familiar with the hardware and whatnot. I know there are two example files on the USB provided and the CHITUBOX software needed for "slicing", yet i wanted to try printing other objects already designed by others.

I may have the entire thing backwards but from my understanding is

1. download a 3d file from the internet (example from thingaverse.com) 
2. load that file in CHITUBOX (so that the slicing of layers is done) 
3. save the sliced file and copy it to the USB then load it on the printer to then make the print.

I was unable to load the files i downloaded from the internet on CHITUBOX so i tried the following.

1. i downloaded rhinoceros3d software
2. I made a simple 10m by 10m by 10m cube.
3. I saved it as a (*.stl) file 
4. and when i went to go open it in CHITUBOX, the file was greyed out (as in not able to open it at all) even though i had it saved as stl file.

Is there something that I am missing here? 
If the above does not make sense to people (as in what I am experiencing):
     I would really appreciate any guidance on how to print already created 3d things which I can use as examples and to learn from, I watched many youtube videos however I am not able to get a handle on what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated and once more I apologize for the lack of understanding in this topic ahead of time.
(01-31-2021, 06:52 PM)Emin Wrote: I apologize ahead of time for the simple question as the answer I know should be obvious (yet I cannot seem to figure it out on my own)

I got the Egeloo Mars in the mail just the other day and wanted to make some test prints to get myself familiar with the hardware and whatnot. I know there are two example files on the USB provided and the CHITUBOX software needed for "slicing", yet i wanted to try printing other objects already designed by others.

I may have the entire thing backwards but from my understanding is

1. download a 3d file from the internet (example from thingaverse.com) 
2. load that file in CHITUBOX (so that the slicing of layers is done) 
3. save the sliced file and copy it to the USB then load it on the printer to then make the print.

I was unable to load the files i downloaded from the internet on CHITUBOX so i tried the following.

1. i downloaded rhinoceros3d software
2. I made a simple 10m by 10m by 10m cube.
3. I saved it as a (*.stl) file 
4. and when i went to go open it in CHITUBOX, the file was greyed out (as in not able to open it at all) even though i had it saved as stl file.

Is there something that I am missing here? 
If the above does not make sense to people (as in what I am experiencing):
     I would really appreciate any guidance on how to print already created 3d things which I can use as examples and to learn from, I watched many youtube videos however I am not able to get a handle on what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated and once more I apologize for the lack of understanding in this topic ahead of time.

I assume you downloaded the trial version, does it have any limitations re: its ability to save .stl files?

You don't really mean a "10m x 10m x 10m" cube do you? That's a big-ass cube--surely it's a 10 mm cube?

Can you open this file (10mmCube.stl; a 10 mm cube created with FreeCAD)?
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
I love it when people leave these plaintive messages-and then go away...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com