Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB preventing boot up
I recently purchased a Sandisk 16GB USB 3.0 drive. When I start my Saturn with it inserted the machine will not power on. I hear a faint click but nothing else. No LCD or fans. If I remove the drive and power the machine on it will boot right up. This does not happen with the supplied drive. I formatted the Sandisk to MBR and FAT 32 and it will read the drive if I boot first then insert but not if inserted upon boot. I've searched this forum, online, emailed Elegoo support (just sent so haven't heard back), and the best I have been able to come up with is to use a 2.0 drive. As it boots without the drive but will read it after starting up should I be concerned about printing from the drive or just get a 2.0 drive?
AFAIK - the USB ports on all Elegoo printers are type 2.0--sometimes 3.0 devices will work with a 2.0 port, sometimes they do not. Your Saturn is likely attempting to read the drive during its boot process, perhaps even before the firmware has been loaded to RAM.

It's not a good idea to power up with the flash drive installed anyway, start-up transients in the power supply could wipe the data, or even damage the card...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com