Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
resin drops on the uv cover after print complete
after my prints complete, it seems there is usually a splash of resin on the inside of the uv cover. mars 2 pro,   just on the front side of the shield.  could it be from the build plate going to the top after the print is done and splashes from it dripping? is there a setting to only lift the print a little bit  out of the resin when complete?  anyone else deal with this issue?  i haven't been there when it completes, or splashes from the drip I'm guessing.
(11-29-2020, 08:43 AM)keithywhites Wrote: after my prints complete, it seems there is usually a splash of resin on the inside of the uv cover. mars 2 pro,   just on the front side of the shield.  could it be from the build plate going to the top after the print is done and splashes from it dripping? is there a setting to only lift the print a little bit  out of the resin when complete?  anyone else deal with this issue?  i haven't been there when it completes, or splashes from the drip I'm guessing.
I had the same issue. I'm worried because it can splash the Z axis guide and ruin the printer. I don't know what to do. Just put a piece of paper in the inner front and sides of the cover, but the back...
There is a setting in the .gcode configuration file that is alleged to control "Action after printing is completed".

In the file fore my plain ol' Mars the entry is:

Code:
;
;
;Action after printing is completed
M8489 P3 ; action after printing is completed
        ; 0: Turn off all motors,
        ; 1: Does not work after printing,
        ; 2: After printing is completed, Z-axis return to zero, the fan is not powered
        ; 3: After the printing is completed, Z-axis rises to the maximum stroke of Z, and the fan is continuously powered.
;
;

The comments were translated from Chinese via Google translate, making them a bit cryptic.  I have not played with any of these, however perhaps option "0" or '1" might do sort of what you want--obviously option 2 is not valid as the printed model would prevent the platen from moving to zero. Option 3 is the OEM default.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(03-06-2021, 12:07 PM)cliffyk Wrote: There is a setting in the .gcode configuration file that is alleged to control "Action after printing is completed".

In the file fore my plain ol' Mars the entry is:

Code:
;
;
;Action after printing is completed
M8489 P3 ; action after printing is completed
        ; 0: Turn off all motors,
        ; 1: Does not work after printing,
        ; 2: After printing is completed, Z-axis return to zero, the fan is not powered
        ; 3: After the printing is completed, Z-axis rises to the maximum stroke of Z, and the fan is continuously powered.
;
;

The comments were translated from Chinese via Google translate, making them a bit cryptic.  I have not played with any of these, however perhaps option "0" or '1" might do sort of what you want--obviously option 2 is not valid as the printed model would prevent the platen from moving to zero. Option 3 is the OEM default.
But this will keep the model in the bath of resin isn't it?
(03-06-2021, 01:56 PM)Sitopon Wrote: But this will keep the model in the bath of resin isn't it?

AS I said I have not mucked about with any of this, however I suspect it would leve it at the top of the last lift--as in "after printing is completed"; the model is not in the goop "after" printing is complete.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com