Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturn z-axis problem
Hi,
I got my Saturn a month ago, did the leveling and printed a lot since.
a week ago i punctured my FEP ( my fault ), replaced the FEP, releveled, and printed fine till yesterday.
yesterday I started a print and left it alone, about 15min later i noticed nothing was on the plate, stopped the print cleaned the vat.
I releveled and started a new print but watched the plate go into the resin, but instead of staying down it lifted about 5-10mm and printed on the FEP.
Then i cleand everything again and releveled, but the same keeps happening.
It always goes down to zero but then it lifts

I hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance
Tried a Firmware update?
(05-31-2021, 06:35 AM)Ycon Wrote: Hi,
a week ago i punctured my FEP ( my fault ), replaced the FEP, releveled, and printed fine till yesterday.
yesterday I started a print and left it alone, about 15min later i noticed nothing was on the plate, stopped the print cleaned the vat.
I releveled and started a new print but watched the plate go into the resin, but instead of staying down it lifted about 5-10mm and printed on the FEP.

Thanks in advance
I just got mine and have the same problem.  Leveled it twice, Set Z=0 twice.  It goes down to FEP at first then retracts about 1/2" and acts like it is printing layers.  Never goes back down to FEP?? Wish I had an answer for you.
(12-31-2021, 09:52 PM)RCW93277 Wrote:

Thanks in advance
I just got mine and have the same problem.  Leveled it twice, Set Z=0 twice.  It goes down to FEP at first then retracts about 1/2" and acts like it is printing layers.  Never goes back down to FEP?? Wish I had an answer for you.
Might be worth checking the config file on the usb stick  and reload if necessary .
(12-31-2021, 09:52 PM)RCW93277 Wrote:

Thanks in advance
The problem was that I did not perform Z=0 at the bottom after leveling. You have to tell the print where z0 is after you level it. Z0 is at the surface of the FET. So after you tighten the build bed go back 1 level on the menu and press Z=0 BEFORE YOU MOVE THE PLATE UP. Not trying to shout just want to make sure that people read this part. I was totally stuck on it for hours I didn’t understand that they were talking about XYZ coordinates Z equals zero is the same place X and Y equals zero.