Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Pro "Set Z Home" seemingly not working
I believe the "home" position is determined by monitoring the photo-sensor at the trolley's physical downward travel limit--NOT in firmware by tracking lead screw rotations against any parameter saved by the Z=0 function (even if it does do anything). One would have to disassemble the firmware to verify this (may do that yet, I have an old copy of IDA Pro kicking around somewhere).

The configuration G-Code file (see below) has a number of references to a Z-axis limit switch (unfortunately the comments for same are not in any form of conventional English making it difficult to determine just what is going on).

In any event the utilisation of both the firmware configuration setting and a physical "switch" (be it mechanical or a photo-sensor) would be redundant--and since the latter (a physical switch) exists, and has a real "per unit cost" associated with it, I believe it to be the active element, with the (perhaps) abandoned "Z=0" function only serving to complicate things.

I will have to see if my old version of IDA supports whatever micro-controller this thing uses.

Configuration G-Code, Z-axis limit switch settings:
Code:
            ;Z-axis limit switch position type
M8029 I0         ; 0: One-sided limit, only use Z-limit, do not use Z+
                 ; 2: Bilateral limit, if Z+ and Z- limit are used at the same time, Z+ can limit the maximum stroke of Z
                ;
                ;
                ;
                ;Z limit switch wiring type If this configuration is wrong, the motor will not move and the buzzer will be in a
                ; certain direction when the motor is operated by the manual interface will make a drop of sound.
                 ; Simple judgment method, if the configuration is normal, when the limit is changed to the limit,
                 ; the buzzer will make a drip sound.
                 ; When the limit is changed to the unrestricted position, the buzzer will not sound.
                 ; If the opposite is found, modify this configuration.
M8029 T0         ; 0: Limit switch normally open (when unrestricted - and s voltage is high level, low level when limit)
                 ; 1: Limit switch normally closed (when unrestricted - and s voltage is low level, high level when limit)
                ;
                ;Z-axis limit switch position
M8029 S0         ; 0: The position of the forming bracket is the closest to the platform, and the limit is connected to Z-
                 ; 1: The position of the extrusion bracket is the farthest from the platform, and the limit is connected to Z+
                ;
                ;Whether the Z axis returns to (0,0,0) after homing
M8029 C0         ; 0 : Back to Z (0,0,0) position, that is, the position of the molded carrier back to the coordinate zero position
                ; 1 : Stay in the limit position
;
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mars Pro "Set Z Home" seemingly not working - by cliffyk - 07-11-2020, 02:38 PM