Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to pause
Is there a way to pause a print-lift the build plate to view if it has failed or not- if all looks good resume the build?
(09-10-2019, 12:56 PM)CollinsA Wrote: Is there a way to pause a print-lift the build plate to view if it has failed or not- if all looks good resume the build?
I've paused the print via the pause button on the panel, but never moved the bed up or down, id worry about introducing lines, but I'm pretty new to this .
marsman Wrote:
CollinsA Wrote:Is there a way to pause a print-lift the build plate to view if it has failed or not- if all looks good resume the build?
I've paused the print via the pause button on the panel, but never moved the bed up or down, id worry about introducing lines, but I'm pretty new to this .
I tried this and on my machine when you press pause the machine will stop-lift the build plate out of the resin tray and remain there until play is pressed again, which will lower the plate and resume. Not sure about the line left or not didn't really see much in that way.
Yea, simply use the pause button on the user interface. On the latest firmware, it will only rise 60mm. The previous firmware will rise to the top if the z axis.

When starting the print again, it will continue where it left off and it does not skip a layer (as some have thought).
(09-13-2019, 02:31 PM)admin Wrote: Yea, simply use the pause button on the user interface.  On the latest firmware, it will only rise 60mm.  The previous firmware will rise to the top if the z axis.

When starting the print again, it will continue where it left off and it does not skip a layer (as some have thought).

It does tend to leave a line in the print though, from my experience.
Quote:It does tend to leave a line in the print though, from my experience.
That's why I do it after the print has barely finished doing rafts - I don't mind if I get lines in supports, and I can confirm, that the raft didn't get stuck at the FEP.
(09-11-2019, 12:03 PM)CollinsA Wrote:
marsman Wrote:
CollinsA Wrote:Is there a way to pause a print-lift the build plate to view if it has failed or not- if all looks good resume the build?
I tried this and on my machine when you press pause the machine will stop-lift the build plate out of the resin tray and remain there until play is pressed again, which will lower the plate and resume. Not sure about the line left or not didn't really see much in that way.
Not sure I will ever try again the pause button ! I pressed it, added resin and then clicked play but it simply stopped the printing process, no way to resume the work...
I use the pause button quite often, especially with models having long print times to ensure I nor wasting my time--have never had any negative consequence from doing so. The first "time remaining" estimate after resuming will be incorrect (too long) as it seems to included the paused time in it's calculations, however the next and subsequent updates will be correct...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
I have paused quite often but could always find trouble if I resumed.